First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rager FX4
Occupation
Retired Marine
Let me tell you a 1" breaker bar with 2 feet of cheater bar added will take off anything??
Let me tell you the story:
I have a 2023 Ranger XLT FX4 and I am putting the Fox 2.0 stage 1 suspension on. I have Icon Rebound 17" 8.5 +25 mm rims with Falken AT3W 275 70 17R tires so I got the Readylift high clearance crash bars. I felt I could put these on myself after reading the directions. I started on the front passanger side front like the directions said. I cut the crash bar off, with a little difficulty (need to learn to cut straight), then went to take the nut off. The directions said this would have a 60' torque so I put my 1/2" impact on it, did not move. Then went to a 1/2" breaker bar, no go. Then went to a longer 1/2" breaker bar with cheater bar, no go. I then got out the big gun, 1" breaker bar with 2 foot cheater bar, broke it lose. Yea I am a bad ass, good to go, then I realize that the nut is part of the frame and I was suppose to remove bolt not nut. Good thing nobody had video or audio on me. I see nut, remove nut, see bolt remove bolt does not always work.
Any way 1 crash bar in 3 more to go with some well learned knowledge.
??????
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Let me tell you a 1" breaker bar with 2 feet of cheater bar added will take off anything??
I have a 2023 Ranger XLT FX4 and I am putting the Fox 2.0 stage 1 suspension on. I have Icon Rebound 17" 8.5 +25 mm rims with Falken AT3W 275 70 17R tires so I got the Readylift high clearance crash bars. I felt I could put these on myself after reading the directions. I started on the front passanger side front like the directions said. I cut the crash bar off, with a little difficulty (need to learn to cut straight), then went to take the nut off. The directions said this would have a 60' torque so I put my 1/2" impact on it, did not move. Then went to a 1/2" breaker bar, no go. Then went to a longer 1/2" breaker bar with cheater bar, no go. I then got out the big gun, 1" breaker bar with 2 foot cheater bar, broke it lose. Yea I am a bad ass, good to go, then I realize that the nut is part of the frame and I was suppose to remove bolt not nut. Good thing nobody had video or audio on me. I see nut, remove nut, see bolt remove bolt does not always work.
??????
That's freaking awesome. Caveman rules!!!!!?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
??????
0F0E274F-8B18-4357-B370-BA540D64B41F.jpeg

Don’t be too hard on yourself - you’re not the first to make this mistake but you’re first I’ve seen who was “successful” in breaking that nut. :D

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
??????
I’m impressed you broke it! A win is a win in my books?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
That's awesome. Where there is a will, there is a way.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
??????
If at first, you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

LOL. Where there's a will, there's a way. Edited: I see Chuck beat me to that one...
Sponsored