First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
triggered isnt the word for it.
responsible adulting and not whining about it is more appropriate
go pound some sand, you're complaining about your own lack of ability, not theirs.
My lack of ability to do what exactly? To schedule an appointment for an oil change in a reasonable time frame? I don’t have a similar experience at other dealerships in the same area for my other non Ford vehicles.

OP
OP
DuckDCoy

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know what ranger pride looking back on your post history you have almost nothing positive or helpful to say to anyone ever. I’ll quote you back to yourself, pound sand and go piss up a rope.

yungbman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
i go to village ford in Dearborn for my vehicles service and they been great but have to schedule they get very busy

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
I might just do that. It’s ridiculous that you cannot schedule an oil change unless you plan it out two months ahead minimum.

i had mine done in Southgate a couple weeks ago, scheduled on friday afternoon & got it in the following Monday.

You may look to another dealer, i havent had any issues with Southgate

OP
OP
DuckDCoy

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had mine done in Southgate a couple weeks ago, scheduled on friday afternoon & got it in the following Monday.

You may look to another dealer, i havent had any issues with Southgate
I called three today all of them pretty much said my best bet was to get in line at 6:30-7 before they open

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Hmmm. I can always schedule an appointment for oil change/tire rotation on line and 99% of the time get an appointment with the service advisor I want. Remember when booking an appointment time- you are booking it for a time to meet with the service advisor not for the oil change itself. My dealership always calls me to confirm the appointment after I submit and give me an idea of how long of a wait I will have so I can tell them if I will wait on it or not. I just assumed this was the way it was at all Ford dealerships.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I called three today all of them pretty much said my best bet was to get in line at 6:30-7 before they open
Your best bet for something that day, you're being grumpy for no reason. If you need an oil change it shouldn't be a surprise. Learn to plan out a few days ahead or be grumpy. It's the middle of a pandemic, waiting rooms are closed, people aren't working, etc. As someone else posted, they had appointments you could schedule for a few days out.

If you came here looking for sympathy about your lack of ability to plan you didn't come to the right place.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Edit - Changed format for better readability:

This is how I do it.
  1. I get up early on a Saturday morning
  2. grab me a Dunkin
  3. get to the dealer about an hour before they open
  4. drink the coffee while listening to Casey Kasem's top 40 on Sirius XM "70's on 7" (or some other station)
  5. chill.
The time alone is nice and I LOVE listening to my 70's music to bring back old memories - most of which I remember. It WAS the 70's after all.

While they change the oil, I look at the new F150s that I can't afford and reminisce about the time I COULD afford one.

Chill out and find a way to make it work; and be happy about it. It's really isn't that hard. Life doesn't schedule itself around you - or anyone, for that matter.

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
My kid lives in Ypsilanti an has been working from home for a year...that nut job gov is killing that state. I wonder if the restrictions she has in place comes into play for this. My son is checking into moving back to Ohio since he works from home anyway. She's that bad.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
i think in todays day and age, with all thats going on, likely the cops would be called and you'd never get to set foot in that service department again.
Why cant it be like the old west....you and the service managers, pistols at 20 paces....winner takes all.
As a red head I'll admit that it can be more perilous nowadays.

However, getting loud in public still has it's uses.

Couple of things to remember when getting loud.

Plan your points out. It's easy to be distracted when things get heated.

Ramp up quickly. You might have to abort at any time. Get your shots in quick.

Keep your distance, your hands visible, and a non threatening posture.

If asked to leave, you have to leave.

If you have the ability a phone recording video in your pocket, just audio really, can help you IF authorities are called.

If they threaten to call the authorities and have not asked you to leave tell them that's fine, you'll be right here when they get here.

As usual YMMV.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
As displayed by others getting an appointment is quite simple.

I think the problem is your "same day" requirement.

I never have an issue getting an appointment set roughly a week out.

And others have shown they can be found in Detroit as well.

Don't sweat the petty things.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is the only dealer with service in my area where you cannot call in and get a same day or next day oil change appointment. You HAVE to get in line and wait and you might be there 20 minutes or 6 hours they have no clue or schedule a drop off and arrange your own transportation.

their service departments need to get their shit together. I can call the dodge dealership where I bought every other one of my vehicles the last few years and schedule an oil change tomorrow and be in and out in an hour or less.

same with Toyota.

they claim they have a quick lane but nothing about the Ford dealer is quick or timely. I’m seriously regretting buying my ranger just due to the incompetence of the dealerships to handle basic stuff like oil changes. Oh yeah I forgot to add they told me they don’t do or recommend break in oil changes anymore? Since when?
The fact is that Ford dealerships are privately owned and managed, and so the quality varies dramatically. In Delaware, I have bought two new vehicles (2014 Explorer and my present 2019 Ranger) from Sheridan Ford in Wilmington, and then had all my regular service, repairs, modifications, etc. done by them. They always tell you ahead of time what the deal will be, and then they deliver that or better, and this is true for sales as well as services. Appointments are generally made with a drop-down screen from the company website, and I have always been able to get appointments for the week in question or the next, but if you call them with an emergency situation, they will usually do a work-around to get you in sooner. You can choose whether to wait for repairs to be finished, or they have a guy who works full time at shuttling customers back home and then back to the dealer when the job is done. And they are pretty accurate about predicting how long a job will take, never so far off that it becomes inconvenient. Since the pandemic, they have even had a team come out to my place, about twenty miles each way, to pick up my truck, service it, and then bring it back, serviced and washed to boot, totally no contact on my part. It has been in the Sheridan family for some time now, and I will stick with them until it changes ownership or somebody screws up big time, but I do not expect either one to happen very soon. The moral is, if you are not being treated correctly by your dealer, keep on looking, they are not all idiots!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You know that Ford Pass app you have? Well with it you can pick a dealer. Schedule appointments and it’s gives you all the open time slots at the dealer you pick. Now, that’s how us seasoned guys get the job done. Might not be today or tomorrow but within a week for sure! Happy trails
Sponsored