First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Moving to the Longmont, Colorado area in a few weeks and wondering what types of experience any of you may have had with the two closest dealers to where I will be. They are Interstate Ford and Mike Maroone Ford.

I am interested in both sales and service experiences.

Thanks to all.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've heard good things on the purchase side about both. No info on the service side.

Also, Colorado sucks, you should reconsider your move.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think Mark @txquailguy lives near there so once he sees this he can hopefully help you out. You could also post it here in the local section and maybe more from CO will see it there.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I've heard good things on the purchase side about both. No info on the service side.

Just remembered the parts department at Mike Maroone is pretty on point, used them once.

And some clarification.

Two coworkers bought Mustang GTs recently, one from each of those dealerships. The one that bought at Mike Maroone was not impressed with their PPF/Ceramic work but otherwise happy. The guy who bought at Interstate had a good experience.

Stay away from Loveland Ford and Barbee's Freeway Ford down in Denver on the purchase side.

Brighton Ford does great service but never seems to want to sell me a car. O'Meara in Northglenn has done me good on purchases in the past.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Moving to the Longmont, Colorado area in a few weeks and wondering what types of experience any of you may have had with the two closest dealers to where I will be. They are Interstate Ford and Mike Maroone Ford.

Thanks to all.
I used to live in Longmont and now I live in Windsor, right up the interstate. I had my 19' Ranger transmission serviced at Interstate Ford last fall. I feel like they have a good service operation from what I experienced. Because of their location I feel like they are less busy than a lot of the Ford dealers in the area. I've never heard of Maroone Ford. I'm thinking that used to be called Longmont Ford. I had oil maintenance service done on my 11' SuperDuty and they were top dollar on oil changes. I'd go with Interstate personally.....
I bought my Ranger from Larry Miller Ford in Lakewood....close to Denver. I work close to them also, so I have them do most maintenance....plus my 3rd party extended warranty is through Larry Miller.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Just remembered the parts department at Mike Maroone is pretty on point, used them once.

And some clarification.

Two coworkers bought Mustang GTs recently, one from each of those dealerships. The one that bought at Mike Maroone was not impressed with their PPF/Ceramic work but otherwise happy. The guy who bought at Interstate had a good experience.

Stay away from Loveland Ford and Barbee's Freeway Ford down in Denver on the purchase side.

Brighton Ford does great service but never seems to want to sell me a car. O'Meara in Northglenn has done me good on purchases in the past.
I'll second you on the Brighton Ford service.....they changed the oil in my SuperDuty a few times and I was very happy with their operation....I used to work for the City of Brighton.

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
Bought my truck form Loveland Ford "at their old location", not by choice, but because they had the exact setup I wanted on the lot. Had service done there a few times and will NEVER go back, absolutely horrible customer service. Being I work in Longmont, I have had multiple dealings with Mike Maroone Ford and have been satisfied with the service dpt so far. I have also heard good things about Interstate Ford just down the road.

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I bought mine from Maroone in Longmont. Factory ordered July '21 and picked up Oct '21. No ADM, price on delivery was as advertised. In and out in about an hour.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy is the General Sales Manager at Mike Maroone. When you get to town, I can put you in touch with him.

Their service department has taken care of me, when I needed. Good work, quick turn around. I didn't buy my truck there, as he wasn't there when I bought my truck. Their parts dept was also good. Got me my part in 24 hours.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

Some info from hireahelper - they analyzed some 90k moves in 2021 , data suggests for the 1st times in decades more people may be moving out of colorado than in . When we moved from Denver I wanted to leave CO but we have a special needs child in the Denver area that we need to be reasonably close to - however she is now talking about moving to S. Carolina owing to the absurd and continually increasing rental prices here.

You apparently have lived here a good while - we have since 1979 and I agree CO does suck now compared to what it used to be. I could add any number of other things to the 10 listed below, but the change from a predominantly "red" state to a dominantly "blue" state is telling.

1. Denver is the seventh most expensive of the top 50 US metro areas, with a typical home sales price of $598,233
  2. Denver ranks 13th for the percent its home prices have increased since 2000
  3. Monthly rent prices are up in Colorado 21.95% year over year
  4. The cost of living in Colorado is 17% higher than the national average
  5. There are a record low number of homes available in the Denver metro area
  6. Denver housing is more unaffordable for middle class than nearly any US metro
  7. Denver has the 10th fastest-rising rent over the last year
  8. Colorado transportation costs are 6% higher than the national average
  9. Colorado has the highest car theft levels in the country, with a 32% increase over the last year
  10. Violent crime increased by 52% in Colorado over the last 10 years

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red

Thanks to all.
I flew to Colorado from SoCal to purchase my 2020 XLT from Longmont/Maroone Ford during the height of Covid. I worked out the deal beforehand but was expecting something to go wrong once I got there. However, they all seemed friendly and everything went just as planned. Overall, it was a good experience.

OP
OP
alcohenusa

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to all who replied. I appreciate all the comments and input.

Last edited:

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
Hello from Broomfield! You may see me pass through Longmont on my way to go see friends in Fort Collins on the weekends. In fact, I think its time for some Ranger5G stickers so we can wave to our fellow members!

Anyways, Ken Garff Ford (originally Spradley Barr) in Fort Collins is where I ordered my original truck, and Phil Long Ford in Denver is where I actually found my actual truck. Great experiences with sales on both sides, but I understand that both may be a bit of a trek from Longmont.

As for Ken Garff Ford, I have THREE friends who all work in service (2 mainline, and 1 mainline apprentice), and they all routinely complain about the Quicklane lubies. If you're going in for warranty work, there is a decent chance one of my friends will work on it. Other than that, I would avoid Quicklane there

Haven't heard much good about Freeway or Interstate, and that seems to be echoed here. Surprised at the complaints about Loveland, as I have another friend who works sales there, but its possible things happened on the back end I am not aware of.

Welcome to CO!

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
You might also want to consider Lincoln dealers. I've been using one instead of the Ford dealer I bought my truck from, and they are very accommodating. I called last Thursday to get oil/filter/rotation and to look at my uneven tire wear/camber issue. They gave me an appointment for Monday (2 business days). They finished it that day. They also provide rides and wash your vehicle if you like.

Just a thought.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Some info from hireahelper - they analyzed some 90k moves in 2021 , data suggests for the 1st times in decades more people may be moving out of colorado than in . When we moved from Denver I wanted to leave CO but we have a special needs child in the Denver area that we need to be reasonably close to - however she is now talking about moving to S. Carolina owing to the absurd and continually increasing rental prices here.

You apparently have lived here a good while - we have since 1979 and I agree CO does suck now compared to what it used to be. I could add any number of other things to the 10 listed below, but the change from a predominantly "red" state to a dominantly "blue" state is telling.

1. Denver is the seventh most expensive of the top 50 US metro areas, with a typical home sales price of $598,233
  2. Denver ranks 13th for the percent its home prices have increased since 2000
  3. Monthly rent prices are up in Colorado 21.95% year over year
  4. The cost of living in Colorado is 17% higher than the national average
  5. There are a record low number of homes available in the Denver metro area
  6. Denver housing is more unaffordable for middle class than nearly any US metro
  7. Denver has the 10th fastest-rising rent over the last year
  8. Colorado transportation costs are 6% higher than the national average
  9. Colorado has the highest car theft levels in the country, with a 32% increase over the last year
  10. Violent crime increased by 52% in Colorado over the last 10 years
I've been here a while, moved from Wichita as a young man in the 90's. I really do love it here, but all the things you listed are trying to drive me away.

I don't see my children being able to forge a life here. And I don't see me be able to afford to live here when I retire.
Sponsored