Delete account

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Not sure how I missed this but thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

It's easy to get wrapped up in issues and forget that others can help you.
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Thank you for all the offers to listen. I won't bore any of you with my life. God bless those of you kind enough to reach out. There are some good people here, it's nothing personal. I'm not a productive member and have come to realize i really have nothing of value to contribute here or anywhere else. Best wishes, luck, and God bless each of you.
You've always got something to offer, even if only minor one little thing, like that member here that trumpets all the reasons you should add a tailgate damper to your Ranger. If he is still welcome here, surely you are too.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
WV, my dear old Dad was born in 1909, went to the thrid grade in school, and had to drop out to work and help the family. But, he was the smartest man I've ever known. He was a bit unrestrained in his advise, but it all made sense when I thought about it. He always told me, "Boy, worrying don't get you anywhere, always work towards that light at the end of the tunnel". And, "You think you've got it rough. There's people in China that would love to live free". Like I said the words aren't soothing, but they are as true today as they were when he said them. Hang in there brother, this too shall pass. And like others have said, for goodness sake talk to someone if you need. There are people out there that love you rather you think so, or not.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You've always got something to offer, even if only minor one little thing, like that member here that trumpets all the reasons you should add a tailgate damper to your Ranger. If he is still welcome here, surely you are too.
? ?

You Just Made The List Buddy.png

Deleted member 1634

On most other forums (Bronco & JL) you can delete your account from your setting. Here I think you have to message the Admin and have him do it. Hopefully you'll reconsider as we'd hate to see you leave. Remember there are many here who are willing to listen and help if you want to bend our ear just ask. :)
I tried that a couple months back, messaging the Admin and asked my account to be deleted, but nothing happened.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I'll chime in, why delete the account, I come here to escape the crappy stuff in life, laugh at some of the amusing posts.

This place is like therapy, it allows one to ditch the junk in the trunk for a while.

It's sure been crappy lately, my daughter got rear ended at 50+ miles an hour, thankfully she's okay, just had major hand surgery and now I get major shoulder surgery, all within 3 weeks, and to top it all off my dad just died, oh and there's more, but I have to stop or I will put myself on a even bigger bummer.

It's like this, everything cycles, if it's bad now it will get better, if it's great now, it probably wont last, just remember, EVERYTHING CYCLES, I just wish it would hurry up, it's stacking up on me.

I will close with; just pounding this out on the keyboard has made me feel better, it's emotionally helpful let that s#!t out.

Or as my Dad used to say "don't get wound up about things you can't affect"

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I'll chime in, why delete the account, I come here to escape the crappy stuff in life, laugh at some of the amusing posts.

This place is like therapy, it allows one to ditch the junk in the trunk for a while.

It's sure been crappy lately, my daughter got rear ended at 50+ miles an hour, thankfully she's okay, just had major hand surgery and now I get major shoulder surgery, all within 3 weeks, and to top it all off my dad just died, oh and there's more, but I have to stop or I will put myself on a even bigger bummer.

It's like this, everything cycles, if it's bad now it will get better, if it's great now, it probably wont last, just remember, EVERYTHING CYCLES, I just wish it would hurry up, it's stacking up on me.

I will close with; just pounding this out on the keyboard has made me feel better, it's emotionally helpful let that s#!t out.

Mike, sorry to hear things are piling up on you and losing a parent is difficult. Venting sometimes is therapeutic but healing takes time. Hang in there and reach out as needed.

Take care.
Steve

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Another thing I've learned that is helpful is to try and focus on the POSITIVE things that are happening in your life. It is really easy to see all the negative but disregard all the positive things. Some days it might be nothing more than "I woke up", but trying to see the positive things in life changes your perspective. Bad things happen to everyone - we can't change that - what we can change is how we respond to them. Truly it is the ONLY thing we have control over.

Deleted member 1634

I'm sorry to hear about all of your problems. That really sucks. And I'm glad this place helps you with all of it.

People deal with things in different ways. I'm the opposite of you. I don't come here to escape reality or any of that. Me wanting to leave has nothing to do with personal things. I definitely have plenty of personal problems, I just don't want to use a truck forum of strangers to talk about them. Nothing against those that do of course, but that's not me. I barely talk to my wife about my problems.
It has everything to do with the purpose this forum was meant to serve to me. And it no longer serves that purpose, and frankly I'm not sure it ever did. I'm not a truck person, so I never really fit in very well with all of those conversations. And nobody seems to care for my engineering expertise anymore, if they ever did, so giving advice or helping isn't a reason to stick around either. The only thing I post that gets any positive traction, as opposed to arguing, anymore are non-Ranger picture posts. So then this is basically just another Instagram, and I already have one of those to maintain.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
hear hear I hereby nominate you for post of the day, week, year, poster hall of fame enshrinement

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry to hear about all of your problems. That really sucks. And I'm glad this place helps you with all of it.

People deal with things in different ways. I'm the opposite of you. I don't come here to escape reality or any of that. Me wanting to leave has nothing to do with personal things. I definitely have plenty of personal problems, I just don't want to use a truck forum of strangers to talk about them. Nothing against those that do of course, but that's not me. I barely talk to my wife about my problems.
It has everything to do with the purpose this forum was meant to serve to me. And it no longer serves that purpose, and frankly I'm not sure it ever did. I'm not a truck person, so I never really fit in very well with all of those conversations. And nobody seems to care for my engineering expertise anymore, if they ever did, so giving advice or helping isn't a reason to stick around either. The only thing I post that gets any positive traction, as opposed to arguing, anymore are non-Ranger picture posts. So then this is basically just another Instagram, and I already have one of those to maintain.
I for one always enjoy your posts Matt!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

You don't need to be a damper peddler or have one on your truck to add value here......but obviously it doesn't hurt:sunglasses:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I tried that a couple months back, messaging the Admin and asked my account to be deleted, but nothing happened.
It took him a while to get back to some of my messages (and some he didn't see I guess) back in July/August. I know he was busy with personal stuff and wasn't checking in for a while. I guess you could try him again if you really want to delete it.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I gotta admit , this thread stings a little , I PM'd Dave about deleting MY account because I was thinking of leaving, and instead of the outpouring of love i now know he's capable of , he sends me this :
the-door-is-open-you-may-leave.gif

Savage...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Sorry about the loss of your Dad, Mike.
Sponsored