Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
My offer was totally nuts...
2013 Subi Crosstrek Premium, 41,000 miles with another 30,000 towed miles which do not show up on odometer. Good cond, no accidents, but paint chip damage on front facia from being towed. All maint done and all recalls done.
Paid $23, 400 in 2013. Carvana's offer is $20,760.00.
I lost less than 3 grand after 8 years !!! That is just TOTALLY NUTS !!!
Not going to compare the offer with anyone...I'm gonna take it and run.....

are-you-good-bro-screaming.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
Since you towed it, I wonder if they're paying more for it because of the baseplate/setup? It's certainly more valuable that way to some.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Since you towed it, I wonder if they're paying more for it because of the baseplate/setup? It's certainly more valuable that way to some.
I doubt it. I removed all the extra wiring, plug in's , ect for the towing equipment and brakeing equipment. I did leave the base plate on as it would take about 4 hours to remove, and I have no use for it. Pretty much back to totally stock.
I doubt that they even care it's on there.
I think 2 reasons...low mileage, and the fact it's a 5 speed manual, which hasn't been available on a Crosstrek in around 3 years....Subi gets a lot of complaints about that.
But, who knows, who cares...more $$$ for me.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
They offered me $5,000 less than what a local dealer offered for my F150.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Have any of you dealt with Carvana ?
We have our Subaru Crosstrek up for sale as we're downsizing and selling our motor home. No longer need the Subi to tow behind the mh.
Went on line to Carvana, submitted the needed info, was truthful about condition/mileage, ect. They came back with an offer that was at least $3000 over what I expected. Their comming Thurs to pick up and pay.
Any experience with them ?
so for poops and giggles I decided to try it with my brand new truck and this is a conversation I just had with them after being told something was wrong and they would need to do a live appraisal. (I know it’s because it’s brand new with only 600 miles on it and they’ve probably never had such a request)

Last edited:

ScoobieSnax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
We have our Subaru Crosstrek up for sale as we're downsizing and selling our motor home. No longer need the Subi to tow behind the mh.
Went on line to Carvana, submitted the needed info, was truthful about condition/mileage, ect. They came back with an offer that was at least $3000 over what I expected. Their comming Thurs to pick up and pay.
I would go get quotes from other places. Inventory is so low right now you will most likely get much more than they are offering.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I just entered the information for my wife's 2021 Honda HR-V. A Honda dealership offered us 21,000 for it last weekend. The car sticker was 25,000 earlier this year. Carvana just offered us $28,256 and it's good until October 28. I told her to sell it so we can get her back into a CR-V but she don't want to go a month or so without a vehicle. Between you guys and me, I know the wheels are turning in her head.

1634602460250.png
1634602505011.png

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
so for poops and giggles I decided to try it with my brand new truck and this is a conversation I just had with them after being told something was wrong and they would need to do a live appraisal. (I know it’s because it’s brand new with only 600 miles on it and they’ve probably never had such a request)

View attachment 106349

View attachment 106350
oh they have had the request. I did it 2 days after I got my truck with 50 miles. Never did the live appraisal :giggle:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
oh they have had the request. I did it 2 days after I got my truck with 50 miles. Never did the live appraisal :giggle:
How close were they to what you paid for it?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Best selling experience ever. Probably would not buy from them, but happy to sell.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
I sold them a 2018 Ford and they gave me $1200 more than I paid for it, and this was pre-pandemic. It's like they paid me $1200.00 to drive it for a year. They literally arrive, look at the vehicle to verify mileage and overall condition, you sign 3 or 4 forms, they hand you a check and drive off. Took literally 10 minutes.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yup...their coming Thursday to pick up the Subi. Was just shocked that their giving me 3 grand less than I paid for it 8 years ago. You usually lose that much the day you drive a new vehicle off the lot on day one. The $$$ will pay 1/2 toward our new travel trailer we have on order.
Couldn't be more satisfied. Plus savings on insurance and the Va. county yearly property tax.

Reactions: Doc

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Thought they might give an online offer and then start to nitpick and lowball when they arrived.
Thanks
Absolutely not. I sold my 2018 Escape to them when I ordered my Ranger. The check was the exact amount quoted online. Same experience as @janitorjim.

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales

funny the timing on this. I just sold them my Porsche Macan for $43,262 which was the offer they gave me online. The Ford dealer was only giving me $36,500 on trade in on the Ranger. I paid $40,000 for it 2 years ago. I’m now eyeing getting every single mod I was going to piece meal right now.
Sponsored