First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Came out this morning and it was even worse... :-/

(it was still sputtering rain so there is some rain drops on the floor mats by the edge.)

Emailed the sales guy pictures, waiting to hear back what he says.

Needless to say, not a happy camper...

PXL_20221214_120204113.jpg
PXL_20221214_120213949.jpg
PXL_20221214_120209647.jpg
Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Came out this morning and it was even worse... :-/

(it was still sputtering rain so there is some rain drops on the floor mats by the edge.)

Emailed the sales guy pictures, waiting to hear back what he says.

Needless to say, not a happy camper...

PXL_20221214_120204113.jpg
PXL_20221214_120213949.jpg
PXL_20221214_120209647.jpg
Sorry to see you have the leak on your new truck. If you had a good salesman, he might direct it to the service dept. You might need to contact the service dept yourself if you don't get a reply quickly. Hope it gets resolved soon!

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to see you have the leak on your new truck. If you had a good salesman, he might direct it to the service dept. You might need to contact the service dept yourself if you don't get a reply quickly. Hope it gets resolved soon!
Yeah sorry. Definitely check to see if your truck is covered by the windshield recall. If so, that's probably the problem.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yeah sorry. Definitely check to see if your truck is covered by the windshield recall. If so, that's probably the problem.
His truck was just built. 7 days old. If it’s the windshield recall syndrome then Fords got a huge problem.

shawndo919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Sport FX4
I checked my VIN and it isn't recalled - yet. I've let my salesman know (he was great through the order/pickup process) and I'll drop it off to service for a look. I'm going to print out a couple pics and leave them for the tech to review.

The best part: this happened in a week where my wife had a medical procedure (she's okay) and my daughter came home with the flu. Glad to be getting all the misfortune out at once, lol.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I called the service department, they kicked me over to sales... I got disconnected a couple of times... But finally got a Sales manager who said to drop the truck off as they "have their leak guy coming in tomorrow" so it's perfect timing....

I reiterated I'll be out of town for 3 weeks so they will need to keep the truck for that entire time... He said OK.... I've document every inch of the exterior of my truck... Not a single scratch on the thing. Let's see how it comes back.

@The Tremor they didn't even want to see the pictures from the leak, did you run into similar resistance? Thanks.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
His truck was just built. 7 days old. If it’s the windshield recall syndrome then Fords got a huge problem.
I was talking with a guy here who does race car stuff (like on a track, trailers the car there and spends thousands a weekend on fuel) that because the 22 & 23 are so similar that maybe they just didn't fix the issue with the 22 and it has carried over onto the 23....well see based on what the dealer trys to tell me...

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I was talking with a guy here who does race car stuff (like on a track, trailers the car there and spends thousands a weekend on fuel) that because the 22 & 23 are so similar that maybe they just didn't fix the issue with the 22 and it has carried over onto the 23....well see based on what the dealer trys to tell me...
Here’s what the recall is about. “Supposedly” fixed in April ish. So 8 months later it pops up again? Let’s hope not. FWI my 22 is under the recall and I have 0 issues. Hesitant to get it done and introduce new problems

51C87719-FEC7-4EE0-AFEE-5287F8BFABDF.jpeg

OP
OP
The Tremor

The Tremor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I checked my VIN and it isn't recalled - yet. I've let my salesman know (he was great through the order/pickup process) and I'll drop it off to service for a look. I'm going to print out a couple pics and leave them for the tech to review.

The best part: this happened in a week where my wife had a medical procedure (she's okay) and my daughter came home with the flu. Glad to be getting all the misfortune out at once, lol.
when it rains it pours!! i’ve heard of other trucks that are not subject to the recall with

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s what the recall is about. “Supposedly” fixed in April ish. So 8 months later it pops up again? Let’s hope not. FWI my 22 is under the recall and I have 0 issues. Hesitant to get it done and introduce new problems

51C87719-FEC7-4EE0-AFEE-5287F8BFABDF.jpeg
Thanks.

I'm hoping it's just a vent didn't get popped in all the way or something.

Does anyone else hear a whistle like sound when the hvac fan is on - even at low speeds it whistles. I can't turn it on full blast because it's unbearable... That's been noted for the sales/service manager too...

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired

Recall was for vehicle’s built between December 2021 and to April 2022

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor Package
Just following up on this thread, i myself am having this problem. I have a 21 Lariat Tremor. These last few weeks here in SoCaL we got dumped on by a huge storm. I hadn’t driven the truck in like over a week so it just sat, I took the truck out once it stopped raining. I noticed the same exact puddles of water under the passenger floor mats. Has anyone resolved this issue? Taking the truck to Ford today. Thanks

B4C884FB-0D06-45CB-B767-D0B4A1D34A60.jpeg

shawndo919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Sport FX4
Just following up on this thread, i myself am having this problem. I have a 21 Lariat Tremor. These last few weeks here in SoCaL we got dumped on by a huge storm. I hadn’t driven the truck in like over a week so it just sat, I took the truck out once it stopped raining. I noticed the same exact puddles of water under the passenger floor mats. Has anyone resolved this issue? Taking the truck to Ford today. Thanks

B4C884FB-0D06-45CB-B767-D0B4A1D34A60.jpeg
My problems were resolved after the dealer sent the truck to a local body shop for repairs in early January. I’m also in Southern California (north of San Diego) and I haven’t had an issue with the subsequent storms.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor Package
@shawndo919 did they let you know where the leak was coming from by chance? I just dropped it off at the dealer. I’m located in the inland empire area.
Sponsored