First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
i was thinking something like that myself or one of those cargo net deals i saw on a defender. the console would be heavy tho.....id worry about the roof sagging
Sponsored

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
have you looked at some of the Aussie designed overhead consoles?? they would work well for your idea.
I didnā€™t know. Do you have a specific one in mind you could share a link to?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
i was thinking something like that myself or one of those cargo net deals i saw on a defender. the console would be heavy tho.....id worry about the roof sagging
I would probably use the connection point for the factory console (which is what most of these AUS consoles use) and run the back bone (some sort of small steel bar that won't bend, then at the back passenger area branch it off to each grab handle in the passenger area as the second and third connection point. Kind of like a giant T shape bracket. I'm thinking a 3/4 inch 12 gauge square bar with thinner welded tabs for the connection point would do the trick as a base backbone for the system to hold weight. Still in very early stages of thinking about it. I want to find out if there is any sort of connection point in the middle of our roof.

Here is my highly profession diagram;

lolconsole.jpg

Murph

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
customer service
Mind playing tricks on me????? I finally got to see one up and close, and It looks much larger than my XLT 2020 tray. I was REALLY hoping to get one of these in the future from the dealership, but now I feel like I've been waiting all this time for something that will never fit together. Does anyone, actually know or can confirm XLT vs Lariat same size or 2020 vs 2021?

IMG_2355.JPG

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
So I am currently in Japan and haven't even sat in my truck yet. Are there 4 grab handles, one at each door??

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ranger Tremor, ā€˜20 Raptor, ā€˜14 Jeep SRT
So I am currently in Japan and haven't even sat in my truck yet. Are there 4 grab handles, one at each door??
The rear handles are mounted in the roof.

ksuds49

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor & 2005 Land Rover LR3
Occupation
Do things for peoples
I havenā€™t popped off the Tremor upfitter switch console yet, but Iā€™m wondering if there space for holes to be drilled in the back of the plastic surround to mount something over it?

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Tech

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
The panel behind the switch panel is where a speaker would go if you have the B&O system. A design could be made to replace that panel, even keeping the center channel speaker if you have it. The downside would be extended arms for all of your electronic bits. Quite frankly, Ford would have done itself a favor putting that switch panel lower (and, you know, maybe matching the blue back lighting of it to the rest of the truck so it doesn't look like something bought from O'Reilly's).

Also, just imagine if you didn't have that huge gear shifter and instead a column mounted shifter like my Tahoe has or twist dial like the GT500. Yes they aren't as pretty or pleasing to use... but get over it. Without that massive stylized shifter that is literally just a glorified electronic button system, you'd have a ton of extra space for activities in the center console area... like a sweet mounting system for your iPad for off-road maps, your CB radio, etc. Unfortunately, folks care too much about chrome trimmed shifters that belong in Ford Fusions, not trucks. But I digress...

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Just dropping in to express my interest as well should companies look at this thread.

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Oh wow, thatā€™s very interesting, thank you!

Now we need to figure out if this is compatible with the US SuperCab Ranger and if itā€™s something we can get.

Do you have one yourself?
I'd also recommend giving Built-Right a call. They make many different model, and may have something that will fit, or can be fitted to your awesome dash switches (I am truly Jealous).

On a side note to others, In March when I bought my truck, I asked the dealer about the Tremor Up-Fitter switched and he told me they are on a parts list, but not available to purchase yet. He said they probably will be available for us common folk eventually. :)

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
If I do built right, ina go with the seat wedge mount. Looks to be the least invasive of their mounts and with the upfitter switches on the dash, the less extra holes put in the dash the better.