First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
Seems the panel is hard to read in the 2019 Ranger as it is just blue and red +/- symbols. Anyone ever tried retro lighting these buttons to see during day?

IMG_1534.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MarioCart

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Employed
I'll have to look. I thought mine lit up when the headlights were on

*since the OP edited his post for clarification, and completely eliminated his original comment, I look like I'm stupid now.

Last edited:

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes the panel has backlighting, still hard to see without physically looking at the panel. Distracting from driving, I just use the Sync screen.
I did notice a different 4WD switch on the console for a US version , I don’t recall having different switch p/n except for the added TM button

DubVeeRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
I aso have trouble seeing mine on my 21.
I keep it set to auto then use the voice commands to set my desired temperature. I agree it can be quite distracting trying to change.

I had an 05 Silverado that had 2 sliders for temperature control of dual climate. That was quite simple to adjust without taking my eyes off the road.

Hopefully my next ranger that I'll get in 60,000 more miles will be easier to adjust. lol

OP
OP
Tony Robyn

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator
I keep it set to auto then use the voice commands to set my desired temperature. I agree it can be quite distracting trying to change.

I had an 05 Silverado that had 2 sliders for temperature control of dual climate. That was quite simple to adjust without taking my eyes off the road.

Hopefully my next ranger that I'll get in 60,000 more miles will be easier to adjust. lol
Must admit I’m missing the dial control. I like the 2021 150 feature of the pop out lever.

Yeah, actually very hard to see during the day not night

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I seriously considered a USB light when I first received my 2022. Decided I would just practice by feel for a few months.
Still, the worst design for a control system that I have ever seen. Some style fool over function.

DranC

First Name
Drandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Healthcare Corp Analyst
Seems the panel is hard to read in the 2019 Ranger as it is just blue and red +/- symbols. Anyone ever tried retro lighting these buttons to see during day?

IMG_1534.jpeg
My 2023 SuperCab is bad too. Quite dark. I plugged an Amazon small usb reading light about 8 inches long and I bent it to directly shine in that area. Worked like a charm...

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

REDWM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1534.jpeg
I have a 2019 XLT Ranger and the consul looks different. The 4wd drive switch is different and the USB slots are down in the under the dash plus there are no stripes across the radio and HVAC controls. Was this a special order? But I agree that the +/- symbols are hard to read especially in daytime.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I thought I would love the auto climate control but I think having lived with it for 2.5 years I prefer the simple fan and temp knobs. Especially since 75% of the year it’s on low and the other 25% it’s slightly warmer until it gets to hot with a coat on then I turn it off and crack window or turn it to low.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I have a 2019 XLT Ranger and the consul looks different. The 4wd drive switch is different and the USB slots are down in the under the dash plus there are no stripes across the radio and HVAC controls. Was this a special order? But I agree that the +/- symbols are hard to read especially in daytime.
That is not a US Ranger probability a Rest Of World model. It is a stock photo taken off and add. Probably for the carbon fiber skin. Also has the CD slot and eject button.

DubVeeRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
Must admit I’m missing the dial control. I like the 2021 150 feature of the pop out lever.
Yeah, actually very hard to see during the day not night
Agreed daytime is the problem. Night time is very easy

OP
OP
Tony Robyn

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator
That is not a US Ranger probability a Rest Of World model. It is a stock photo taken off and add. Probably for the carbon fiber skin. Also has the CD slot and eject button.
Truth. The controls are same and I was too lazy to get up and go out and take a pic, especially at night, when the issue is the day lighting is aggravating.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I seriously considered a USB light when I first received my 2022. Decided I would just practice by feel for a few months.
Still, the worst design for a control system that I have ever seen. Some style fool over function.
My pet peeve is needing to have t-Rex 🦖 arms for the door controls and other ergonomic design flaws
Sponsored