Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Next week I take the Ranger in to have the heateer box fixed, no heat to the drivers side floor, has anyone had this done, how long does it take?
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Yes I just got mine back on Tuesday....long story short....dealer is short handed, poorly run and it took six days. Mostly because it sat there for 1 day in the parking lot, two 1/2 days not being worked on.

It is a big job, the entire center console and dash has to come out. Everything. The good news is it's fixed and all seems to be working well. No squeaks or scratches to the interior.

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
I had a gate on the heater box replaced while on vacation in SC. One month later it is broken again. Add to that my bumper to bumper warranty is now over by 3000 kms. I’m sure this is going to be a fight with Ford. Any advice?

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Waiting on parts and then mine goes in

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a gate on the heater box replaced while on vacation in SC. One month later it is broken again. Add to that my bumper to bumper warranty is now over by 3000 kms. I’m sure this is going to be a fight with Ford. Any advice?
Hi Steve,

Open up a formal complaint with Ford Customer Care might be a good starting point in your "fight with Ford".

best,
Phil

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to see what the dealer says first. Going to drop the truck off next Tuesday. If it goes sideways I will open the formal complaint. This dealer has been very good in the past so fingers crossed.
BTW - Installed a set of BFG K02's yesterday. Now it looks like a real truck!

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
You need to see if your vehicle falls into the timeframe that is covered by SSM 49264 for the entire heater box. It covered 2019s and 2020s built through July 30, 2020. If you have the old heater box, this could be a never ending repair as the old style box warps.

If it falls into the SSM, maybe you can convince Ford that the first dealer should have identified that as the issue and it should be covered.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...h-clicking-snapping-noise-from-the-dash.9659/

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Good info. Thanks. I’ll post the outcome and let the group know.
Sponsored