Heater temp?

Joec6512

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew
Can someone tell me if my AC is not working properly. So it’s getting cooler and the outside air is in the 50’s. If I put my AC on low the air comes out nice and cold but if I bump it up just one degree to 60 or 61 (not sure which it is) it starts coming out warm. I know that wasn’t the case when it was warm outside
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Can someone tell me if my AC is not working properly. So it’s getting cooler and the outside air is in the 50’s. If I put my AC on low the air comes out nice and cold but if I bump it up just one degree to 60 or 61 (not sure which it is) it starts coming out warm. I know that wasn’t the case when it was warm outside
That sounds like normal operation to me. How you might ask? Well you have what's known as automatic AC. What automatic AC will do is you set the temperature and the electronics will do what it can to keep the cabin at that set temperature. So if it is set at 65° then the AC system will do whatever it has to do to either heat or cool the cabin to maintain 65°. The same effect would happen if you had it set at 80 or 85 degrees. When you go to low or high it will be full hot or full cold depending. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
Joec6512

Joec6512

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew
That sounds like normal operation to me. How you might ask? Well you have what's known as automatic AC. What automatic AC will do is you set the temperature and the electronics will do what it can to keep the cabin at that set temperature. So if it is set at 65° then the AC system will do whatever it has to do to either heat or cool the cabin to maintain 65°. The same effect would happen if you had it set at 80 or 85 degrees. When you go to low or high it will be full hot or full cold depending. Does that make sense?
Yea that kinda crossed my mind but I wasn’t sure because I have a 2017 mustang and it doesn’t work that way and a 2013 explorer I had prior was different too.
Sponsored