CV axle shaft damaged after installing Fox Stage 1 lift

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
I still don't understand why people just don't unbolt the lower control arm from the frame. It's the easiest and safest way to do it. Even if I were doing a UCA as well I would still drop the LCA.
Sponsored

MIRangerfam

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Construction and Bartender
Similar issue here when I was installing my leveling kit. Axel shafts came dislocated when I was removing the strut on both sides. Luckily, we were able to reseat them.

Another issue that I ran into was that the sway bar link completely came out of it's socket and the boot on the side that mounts to the sway bar on the driver's side. With some swearing and ingenuity, we were able to reseat that as well with no further issues. My recommendation is to disconnect the sway bar link from the knuckle prior to disconnecting the UCA and the tie rod end.
Same thing happened to me. But thankfully I realized what happened when I did my drivers side (first), so I removed the axle nut on the passenger side. In trying to reseat my drivers CV I pulled the passenger side sway bar end link out… both side body mounts were taken off to allow for movement. ??‍♂??‍♂??‍♂

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Mine over extended even with the axle nut off but they popped back in with a little finess.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
were you all able to get the UCA reattached without jacking up the LCA?

Mine was impossible once the sway bar was reattached. I could get the UCA reattached without the sway bar but not with it, until jacking up the LCA.

Though now I have a secondary issue of the cv axle not fully seating into the hub. There’s about a half inch space. .
Sponsored