Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
  • Banned
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been through Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
We bought my wife's new Forester 2 months before my new Ranger and I can honestly say with Subaru quality is first rate and with Ford it's not. End of rant

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
There's a fine line between looking past manufacturers cutting corners, and outright boot licking a corporation.

F150 door latch issues, safety belts improperly routes... Stuff like that is inexcusable imo.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
🤔 yes and no , maybe ... But the data has some importance I guess , plus I get to run out and check mine every time something new comes up, BUT , after the "water in spark plugs " thread , my opinion of FORD has fallen drastically , still no fix from Ford and I fixed mine in a hour , I will bet money the 6 G leaks in the same spot...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You missed one, they painted your Ranger the wrong color. It was supposed to be white not blue. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the mess that the 3rd shift crew left for you under your rear seats. :shock:o_O Other than that I hope you're enjoying your Ranger!😝

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
As I just said in another post... mass produced prices with hand built quality.
We just need to boycott the manufacturers until we get it.
Who's with me?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I won't argue that no matter what vehicle we have we will find some down side to it even if you were not looking for it. That said it's.not as bad as a certain someone on here complaining about a Nissan car they had that had a problem under warranty but refused to take it in until after the warranty was up and claimed it should be a recall.

Also no matter what vehicle it is generally speaking there will usually be a problem or two within the first few years of manufacturing. It's common across the board.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Love mine and washing it now ( I think she may have overheard a few things ) , this truck put the fun back in driving for me , I had really been just dronning out for the last decade truck wise , kinda forgot it could actually be fun , just wish Ford cared about the Ranger as much as we do here ...

i will add that as far as quality control , my supercab has had no issues as far as fit and finish and the way it was assembled , all good , at this point im only a transmission away from perfect truck !

Last edited:

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Could be that for the cost of a new vehicle we’d expect stupid little things to be correctly don’t. But the dealer shares in that. If you’re willing to pay good money for a new product that is not correct then your money is not well spent. For me it makes no sense to continue a brand loyalty she. The brand is not loyal to its consumers.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well even CEO JIM Farley publicly in essence has admitted Ford's quality sucks - how can one argue with Ford's industry leadership in warranty claims. So putting anecdotal info aside pretty obvious Ford has quality issues.

And on some models like the Ranger I'd be willing to wager Ford also has taken a leadership role in decontenting.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It's an automotive forum and like all, the breakdown is as follows 45% bootlickers, 45% haters, and 10% normal folks.

You missed one, they painted your Ranger the wrong color. It was supposed to be white not blue. :rolleyes:

Oh and the mess that the 3rd short crew left for you under your rear seats. :shock:o_O Other than that I hope you're enjoying your Ranger!😝
3rd shift was too busy carrying 1st and 2nd to leave surprises. Had to be those sheisty swing shifters.
Sponsored

Last edited: