RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add to the chorus - I've had my truck coming up on 2 years now- almost 18,000 miles and had zero issues. I love this truck!

Is it perfect? No, but nothing is perfect. It is probably my favorite vehicle that I've ever owned.
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 34.3K on mine with a few mods and a tune. I can't tell you enough how much I love to drive my Ranger! To say that she is a hell of a sleeper down on College Avenue come a Friday night is an understatement....lol. I have had some climate control issues lately and my dealer needs to hire people that are competent but that does not take away from my love for this truck! No fuel in oil issues for me either. Run her hard more than occasionally and I believe she will reward you with many happy miles :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Sooooooo.........

Engines are going to make noise. Dont like engine noise then go to an electric vehicle lol.

Fuel in oil? I have a 19 with 37,600 miles and never had the issue. Hope this helps

Our work building has a maintenance guy an vehicle an I walked by the idling truck the other day an had to do a double take on if it was running or not. It's a new ford transit full size cargo van. It's very quiet. Management tries to tell us we can't remote start our personal vehicles an leave them running to warm up, that's why I checked to see if it was in fact running.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Forgot to say welcome to the forum. Lots of good ideas and information. Enjoy your Ranger and keep you hand on your wallet, you'll need it for all the mods you'll just have to do. :LOL: :clap:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
no major issues, a few cosmetic blem's but you gotta expect a few things on a new model year, my wife's new 2020 escape Hybrid has had a lot more issues though.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome. I have had mine for 19 months a 2019 XL STX FX4 just turned 26,000 (look out Sid I'm gaining on you):LOL: no issues. I use it as a truck & just use it, have towed with it no worries. Don't notice engine noise unless I have my hearing aids in. :LOL: even then it does not bother me. Get it, use it, enjoy it & have fun with it. Also enjoy the forum

Last edited:

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Think that’s your own gas you’re blowing... Just sayin... ?
These issues are very rare. I wasn’t in the circle jerk hand holding mood to coddle and slowly rock the op and tell him that everything is going to be okay with his new truck.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

I have encountered zero issues with mine and love it more every day! :inlove:
except I'm dumping her, er I mean it, as soon as possible for a Bronco or 6...;)

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

New to this thread but wanted to throw this out as a "newbie". Definitely a bit concerned about the discussions re: engine noise, fuel/oil mix. Have not experienced anything myself but only just hit the 500 mile mark.

How common are these problems? I assume there are members out there with higher mileage that have been trouble free? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul.

A while back I said that this truck makes me enjoy cruising again and it still does, everyday, just for the "joy" of driving and listening to good music. Even most A$$@ drivers can't ruin it and that's saying something for CA!

Enjoy the hell out of it :like:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Yea, I'm very happy with mine, 20 months now. They are mechanical and they make some noises, but nothing out of the ordinary. I feel that Ford did a pretty good job on this truck. Is it perfect? No but it is close enough for me :thumbsup:

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
March 20th 2020 I came home with mine. Just turned over 19000 miles and no real complaints. Its done everything we've asked of it and is awesome. You won't have any worries I think.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

New to this thread but wanted to throw this out as a "newbie". Definitely a bit concerned about the discussions re: engine noise, fuel/oil mix. Have not experienced anything myself but only just hit the 500 mile mark.

How common are these problems? I assume there are members out there with higher mileage that have been trouble free? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Hey, Paul, welcome to the forum! I am not much into the technical aspects of the Ranger, but I can tell you that engine noise is not an issue at all: the truck runs quietly enough at any speed to talk normally in the cabin or listen to tunes (or both) without any interference. Note that some new owners are startled by the admittedly loud fan noise at start up time, but this is perfectly normal and stops in short order. Enjoy your new ride!
Sponsored

Last edited: