pdbwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey All,

New to this thread but wanted to throw this out as a "newbie". Definitely a bit concerned about the discussions re: engine noise, fuel/oil mix. Have not experienced anything myself but only just hit the 500 mile mark.

How common are these problems? I assume there are members out there with higher mileage that have been trouble free? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum - 19,000 km - none of those issues for me. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your Ranger. ?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum - 19,000 km - none of those issues for me. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your Ranger. ?
Sweet build by the way. Went through the phases yesterday, and it really does looks like a completely different Ranger. Very nicely done!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Paul, don't let those things worry you. You'll never be able to enjoy the truck that way. Remember, forums are the place for folks to go, and ask about problems, Very seldom do you see a thread titled, "I love my (insert vehicle type/name here)". Don't look back, just enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1634

There are way more of us who don't have these problems than do. I am one of them. ~32,300 miles over 19 months as of this writing. No issues what-so-ever.

The problem with forums is that it makes all the issues, big or small, come to the forefront. If you look closely enough you'll always find something wrong with anything. Nothing is perfect. Have fun, enjoy the truck, and pile the (s)miles on!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Paul don't let those things worry you. You'll never be able to enjoy the truck that way. Remember, forums are the place for folks to go, and ask about problems, Very seldom do you see a thread titled, "I love my (insert vehicle type/name here)". Don't look back, just enjoy the ride.
You're right about that Jim. Even on sites like Yelp people are more apt to got there to write bad reviews rather than good ones. I've found myself doing this too.

OP to ease your mind go check out the threads in the Issues and Repairs area. You'll find most are concentrated problems and NOT consistent ones. I have encountered zero issues with mine and love it more every day! :inlove:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hey All,

New to this thread but wanted to throw this out as a "newbie". Definitely a bit concerned about the discussions re: engine noise, fuel/oil mix. Have not experienced anything myself but only just hit the 500 mile mark.

How common are these problems? I assume there are members out there with higher mileage that have been trouble free? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Generally IMO a lot of the issues/complaints are fairly random and subjective, Like engine noise.

The injector and high pressure fuel pump noise is kind of the nature of the beast with direct injection engines. It just bothers some people more than others.

The fuel in oil issue is real known issue with DI engines. Again IMO this issue varies greatly in severity. A relatively few have a severe issue with most having little to no issues at all. For those with severe problems it is a very aggravating and frustrating issue.

Many more of the discussions are about expectations of what features are standard on various trim levels versus what is felt should be supplied.

I personally have had no issues with my 2019 XLT FX4 and love my Ranger. Yes, there are things I wish it had, but was fully aware of them when I bought it.

OP
OP
pdbwest

pdbwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
You're right about that Jim. Even on sites like Yelp people are more apt to got there to write bad reviews rather than good ones. I've found myself doing this too.

OP to ease your mind go check out the threads in the Issues and Repairs area. You'll find most are concentrated problems and NOT consistent ones. I have encountered zero issues with mine and love it more every day! :inlove:

Thanks everyone for the quick reply...smiling already!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Hi....I'm really liking my ranger an I think most of us that buy them will. I had the fuel smell early in my ownership with the high oil level. I noticed it around 1300 miles an the dealer corrected the level. I still had a slight smell when I did the first change at 3400 miles. Since then no problems with it at all. I do plan to do oil changes at 5K to be safe...plus the turbo heat is hard on oil life.

The start up noise is what it is. The mechanical fan adds to this too. I hear the engine cover helps reduce this so I might try adding one but it's not that big a deal.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Welcome aboard Paul. Enjoy your new Ranger and make it how you want it. These guys will have you spending that money in a heart beat :giggle:
Don't sweat the petty things and most of all don't pet the sweaty things :like:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet build by the way. Went through the phases yesterday, and it really does looks like a completely different Ranger. Very nicely done!
Thanks so much - these trucks are just so much fun! ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Haha, know how your feeling. Been in Rangers for decades. Just picked up a new one beginning of December. Found this place and dug right in. Saw some of the issues some are having and thought to myself well this will be interesting! I’m keeping a close eye out for potential issues but... to date nothing wrong. I’m at about 1,600 miles now and not 1 issue at all. Think by now factory has straightened out many of the earlier issues some are talking about. So, let the good times roll and enjoy it! I know I am!!!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Hey All,

Thanks

Paul
Welcome Paul!

We bought our Ranger Sept 2019. Currently has 13,000+ trouble free miles.

It's truly a great truck.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Hey All,

Thanks

Paul
I've got around 12,000 miles; some city, some highway, some easy, some hard and some downright wreckless. Knock wood, I have had no issues so far. Well, none that I didn't create myself.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Sooooooo.........

Engines are going to make noise. Dont like engine noise then go to an electric vehicle lol.

Fuel in oil? I have a 19 with 37,600 miles and never had the issue. Hope this helps
Sponsored