First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Really wanting a way to look at boost. Did some searches and haven't found too much, or anything that has caught my eye. Has anyone come across ways to do this. I'd love for a company like stage 3 to make a nice kit with an A-pillar design but so far it looks like that doesn't exist.
Sponsored

WideTrx

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Not even sure if an ODB2 app like Torque can pull the boost data from the computer. So a gauge might be necessary.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I haven't gone through all the threads but there are some options s here-https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/google-search/?q=Boost+gauge

OP
OP
SilverSlugger

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Baking
I haven't gone through all the threads but there are some options s here-https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/google-search/?q=Boost+gauge
Thanks I checked out a lot of these threads... If I'm being 100% honest I didn't like anything I saw, hoping that someone smarter than myself came up with a new idea or way.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I am mounting the gauge pod below in the dash tray, it comes from Autometer. I have purchased a vacuum/boost, oil pressure and volt gauges.

For the boost gauge I purchased a tee that goes in series with one of the vacuum lines on the manifold. This kit doesn't require cutting any of the stock lines. I will be teeing off the oil pressure switch on the oil filter adapter.

I purchased GlowShift gauges because of the LED back lighting set to white looks most integrated with the factory dash.

I had hoped to integrate the upfitter switches that currently reside on the dash but the pedestal on the gauge pod is not high enough. If I ever have a need for the up fitter switch's I will find a place for them.

Just waiting on a warm day to get the installation done.

5288_UNIVERSAL_3_GAUGE_POD_16.jpg

OP
OP
SilverSlugger

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Baking
I am mounting the gauge pod below in the dash tray, it comes from Autometer. I have purchased a vacuum/boost, oil pressure and volt gauges.

For the boost gauge I purchased a tee that goes in series with one of the vacuum lines on the manifold. This kit doesn't require cutting any of the stock lines. I will be teeing off the oil pressure switch on the oil filter adapter.

I purchased GlowShift gauges because of the LED back lighting set to white looks most integrated with the factory dash.

I had hoped to integrate the upfitter switches that currently reside on the dash but the pedestal on the gauge pod is not high enough. If I ever have a need for the up fitter switch's I will find a place for them.

Now this I'm intrigued about! I hope this works well for you as I could see myself going down this path.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Not even sure if an ODB2 app like Torque can pull the boost data from the computer. So a gauge might be necessary.
I have not seen a OBD2 app that does NOT pull the boost data along with many other readouts. Only suggestion I'll make is don’t cheap out on your OBD2 reader. Cheap ones will be slow and glitchy. Spend the money on a good one and use it for Forscan too.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

This on top the dash where that recessed spot is would be cool. Put aux switches on it.

Gsd1976

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Construction

I want to do the exact 3 gauges boost, oil pressure and volts. I'm curious how yours turned out.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’m using Dash Commander on my iPhone and a OBDLink MX+ Nice thing about that combo is you can setup software on your phone to pull in any OBD reading and make a gauge to show current activity. It also is a scanner and you can use Forscan lite with it.

292D04B8-C17B-4F12-A5FD-DE54384DE620.png

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I want to do the exact 3 gauges boost, oil pressure and volts. I'm curious how yours turned out.
Haven't installed them yet. Had to order some fittings which are in now but it has been a little cold for me to want to spend a lot of time in the garage working on it. I will post pictures when they are installed.
Sponsored