First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So who on here would like to get together in the future for a run on Medano Pass to the Great Sand Dunes National Park? With the exceptuon of a locker I'm basically set with onboard air and recovery gear and figure its best not to go this one alone.

0425211215.jpg
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I would stop by and drop a line. I am in Denver, just for my XLT FX4 on Saturday (4/24/2021). I'd love to hit the trails with the group some time. Right now, she's stock but protection will be a focus at first.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Figured I would stop by and drop a line. I am in Denver, just for my XLT FX4 on Saturday (4/24/2021). I'd love to hit the trails with the group some time. Right now, she's stock but protection will be a focus at first.
My suggestion to you is take it out on some fairly easy to medium difficulty trails and see what she can do and reassess what you need to do for a change. Thats what I did and I still have things to do

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion to you is take it out on some fairly easy to medium difficulty trails and see what she can do and reassess what you need to do for a change. Thats what I did and I still have things to do

Definitely! I will be taking a small trip this Saturday with my wife. I'm not new to offroad, just plush/comfy vehicles. Its been awhile but I had a 1985 4runner with 3" lift in the front and 4" in the rear. Had 33" tires, spool in the back and Detroit locker in the front/5.71 gears. The thing was wicked capable offroad, but couldn't get out of it's own way on the street.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Definitely! I will be taking a small trip this Saturday with my wife. I'm not new to offroad, just plush/comfy vehicles. Its been awhile but I had a 1985 4runner with 3" lift in the front and 4" in the rear. Had 33" tires, spool in the back and Detroit locker in the front/5.71 gears. The thing was wicked capable offroad, but couldn't get out of it's own way on the street.
To say the least you won't be disappointed. Even without a locker the ranger is fairly capable!! I found FourMile to be a nice test groumd to say the least

Rampantroo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So who on here would like to get together in the future for a run on Medano Pass to the Great Sand Dunes National Park? With the exceptuon of a locker I'm basically set with onboard air and recovery gear and figure its best not to go this one alone.

0425211215.jpg
Hey Frenchy,

I am in Wyoming, and have not set up my profile AT ALL, but I am in a '19 Ranger XLT. I have the Fox 2.0 level kit, and different wheel tire set up (about 31's), and I would love to do this run! I have family and friends in Denver, and a buddy of mine did this trail last year. Do you know when you are thinking you will get out? My summers are open, and I am getting some new upgrades (sliders & skid protection), but I won't be entirely decked out either. Interested in your thoughts and plans.

Thanks!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Due to a planned trip I h
Hey Frenchy,

I am in Wyoming, and have not set up my profile AT ALL, but I am in a '19 Ranger XLT. I have the Fox 2.0 level kit, and different wheel tire set up (about 31's), and I would love to do this run! I have family and friends in Denver, and a buddy of mine did this trail last year. Do you know when you are thinking you will get out? My summers are open, and I am getting some new upgrades (sliders & skid protection), but I won't be entirely decked out either. Interested in your thoughts and plans.

Thanks!
have comming up I am probably thinking mid to late June. Not entirely sure yet but it is an idea

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager
My job is moving me to the Denver area so I’m dragging my wife, dogs & Ranger with me. I’ve only done some mild offroading in my WRX so I’m keen to learn more.

0B2F0182-4A0C-4077-9FA9-01378E5FD4DA.jpeg

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
My job is moving me to the Denver area so I’m dragging my wife, dogs & Ranger with me. I’ve only done some mild offroading in my WRX so I’m keen to learn more.

0B2F0182-4A0C-4077-9FA9-01378E5FD4DA.jpeg
Nice truck and welcome!

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Due to a planned trip I h
have comming up I am probably thinking mid to late June. Not entirely sure yet but it is an idea
I might be in Colorado in Mid-late June..I'd love to jump in on this.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well I see a few people on board with this. I'm thinking the last weekend of june on the 26th and 27th. The 26th we can make the run on the trail and the 27th can be a whatever you want to do if you want to stay at the dunes or go somewhere else!!

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
Well I see a few people on board with this. I'm thinking the last weekend of june on the 26th and 27th. The 26th we can make the run on the trail and the 27th can be a whatever you want to do if you want to stay at the dunes or go somewhere else!!
I might be down for this. Too hard for me to plan that far ahead but I'll go if I'm free. Is there a Colorado Front Range Rangers group on facebook? We should crash a riced out Tacoma meet haha jkjkjk:LOL:

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription

0425211215.jpg
I’ve ran this a few times now in the Ranger and 4Runner. It’s pretty mild and wouldn’t be hard for anyone in stock or otherwise to do. Would be fine to get a group ride together for this trip.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ve ran this a few times now in the Ranger and 4Runner. It’s pretty mild and wouldn’t be hard for anyone in stock or otherwise to do. Would be fine to get a group ride together for this trip.
That is good to know!! Are you in?
Sponsored