Colorado here

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
That looks like the trail for billings lake if im not mistaken right? If sonit is open and you can get to the top. A stock truck can do it bit might bottom out a few times heading back.

I would be ok with this. Only down side for me is i dont have a locker so i hope that doesnt cause any issues.
It is the trail to Billings lake. It’s a pretty easy trial so we can always do that. As for the locker I don’t think it would be a deal breaker. The terrain management is pretty good at keeping the wheels from spinning. Have you looked at tin cup pass lately? Two years ago it was taken out by an avalanche and I’m not sure if it’s back to usable condition.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It is the trail to Billings lake. It’s a pretty easy trial so we can always do that. As for the locker I don’t think it would be a deal breaker. The terrain management is pretty good at keeping the wheels from spinning. Have you looked at tin cup pass lately? Two years ago it was taken out by an avalanche and I’m not sure if it’s back to usable condition.
If i remember correctly this is how far i got a few months back just to be curious. Another member just mentioned about doing Tincup already so it should be clear in general and the snow should be gone now.

Screenshot_20200729-125727.png

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So judging by the lack of response from the others it appears like no one else is going.

I plan to run Tincup pass this weekend with a friend in a Jeep. If anyone else wants to go I’ll be there. I plan to stay the night on the pass.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I had stuff for camping I would join but I dont have that stuff yet at this time. Do you think you will get a little past halfway or so?

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had stuff for camping I would join but I dont have that stuff yet at this time. Do you think you will get a little past halfway or so?
Yeah I’m thinking going over the top and down to tree line to sleep for the night. You are welcome to come if you are okay with going the rest alone. If not there’s always the next weekend we can go if everyone else gets on top of things.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I’m thinking going over the top and down to tree line to sleep for the night. You are welcome to come if you are okay with going the rest alone. If not there’s always the next weekend we can go if everyone else gets on top of things.
Thats fine with me, to my understanding the top is the toughest part and id rather have a few others with just incase since I dont have a locker. Better safe then sorry.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
So judging by the lack of response from the others it appears like no one else is going.

I plan to run Tincup pass this weekend with a friend in a Jeep. If anyone else wants to go I’ll be there. I plan to stay the night on the pass.
yeah this weekend is not good for me, wish I could though.
hopefully later in the month, but it looks like a lot of shit is starting to stack up on my schedule... ugh.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah this weekend is not good for me, wish I could though.
hopefully later in the month, but it looks like a lot of shit is starting to stack up on my schedule... ugh.
Ah it’s okay. Just deal with everything on the home front so you can relax when you have the time to really enjoy camping. Its no fun thinking about work and what not while camping.

I’ll always be out and about, just let us know when you are free.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Screw FX4
@Sandman

I did venture onto the Bull park trail the weekend before, but was solo and stopped at the first rocky creek/waterfall section. No winch or sliders I didn't dare try it.
Just saw this. Yeah i definitely used my sliders on it lol.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Screw FX4
So are we running something on Saturday 8/1? If so I'm in. I've ran Tincup pass. Its cool. Mosquito pass sounds cool too. I want to do Taylor pass but I'm pretty sure its too gnarly for a stockish rig. I've never done it. Hagerman is almost just a road isn't it? Ive been up there pushing almost a foot of snow in my old Nissan Frontier.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are we running something on Saturday 8/1? If so I'm in. I've ran Tincup pass. Its cool. Mosquito pass sounds cool too. I want to do Taylor pass but I'm pretty sure its too gnarly for a stockish rig. I've never done it. Hagerman is almost just a road isn't it? Ive been up there pushing almost a foot of snow in my old Nissan Frontier.
Everyone had to cancel for the weekend. ?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Gents, I will be on Washington St in Tincup at about 8am tomorrow with a plan to depart by 830am.

Doing a straight through to St Elmo since I have no camping gear. I'm a stock FX4. Anyone want to run with me? Also, not trying to derail Andy's attempt to camp or set something up, I just am limited to day trips at the moment and need to get out of the house. PM me if you're able to go.

austinb324

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I'm not a CO native (currently) but recently drove my truck out from the east coast. My ranger truly impressed me. It's a bone stock FX4 and I took it up a trail that starts on Tiger Rd in Breckenridge and goes up to Georgia pass. The last third of the trail required me to run 4x4 with the rear diff locked most of the way up. It was very steep and rocky and my wife was pretty nervous but the truck did not miss a beat. Only scraped a rock against the skid plate once. I honestly would not take my truck up this trail again though without a leveling kit and larger tires. While everything worked out in my favor (mostly due to very careful driving and good conditions), if the conditions had been different (i.e. any snow or more mud) there would have been several spots where I would have likely slid the side of my truck into rocks. This is just a quick photo we snapped along the trail at a place where we hoped out for a minute. I love your state and hope to call it home some day!

1596294007150.png

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be on the south side of tin cup pass today. Stop by if you are in the area.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Gents, I will be on Washington St in Tincup at about 8am tomorrow with a plan to depart by 830am.

Doing a straight through to St Elmo since I have no camping gear. I'm a stock FX4. Anyone want to run with me? Also, not trying to derail Andy's attempt to camp or set something up, I just am limited to day trips at the moment and need to get out of the house. PM me if you're able to go.
Well I ended up going solo. Would love to do another trail meetup if we can all agree on a day. Was able to wave to Andy on the other side. This is Tincup to St. Elmo via Tincup Pass:
20200801_085020.jpg
20200801_085427.jpg

This was the only really tricky part. Had to spot myself by getting out and inspecting every 12in or so. Even a level and some 32/33s would have made this much easier
20200801_102417.jpg
20200801_113005.jpg
20200801_121422.jpg
20200801_123355.jpg
Sponsored