First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
When I first got my Ranger I was like "seat warmers in AZ"? One day after work my back was sore and I put them on as I never tried them yet. I'm not saying they're as good as a heating pad but darn close when you're back aches. I just wish you could switch the seat part off as that gets a little "uncomfortable" when it's hot out here. :wink:
Depending how it is wired... a toggle switch in the wiring from the seat bottom heating pad to the seat back heating pad might be an easy fix for that. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
im

I'm in Marquette and seeing the same thing.
Was just up there last week and I think we have as much snow as you do which is odd. Was great to be able to visit the Ore Dock for a couple beers! ??

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Mileage gets so poor, we don't even pay attention to it over the winter months. Exception is a road trip. Its been sure cool here in Houghton... Maybe the lake will freeze some. The ranger is idling in the driveway now. Why does the mileage go down?? :crazy:

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Mileage gets so poor, we don't even pay attention to it over the winter months. Exception is a road trip. Its been sure cool here in Houghton... Maybe the lake will freeze some.
Houghton, Marquette and Escanaba. We're turning this into a Yooper post. ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm wondering if the mpg hit is mostly due to "warming up the truck"?

I never warm up our truck before driving it and I don't see any significant difference in mileage at all when it's cold? And we've driven the truck in 20 below zero weather.

I thought a cooler charge made more hp?

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'm wondering if the mpg hit is mostly due to "warming up the truck"?
I never warm up our truck before driving it and I don't see any significant difference in mileage at all when it's cold? And we've driven the truck in 20 below zero weather.
I thought a cooler charge made more hp?
Its everything that cool weather does. Bearing grease is stiffer, air is stiffer, tires and belts are stiffer. Lots & lots of factors..

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
living in the great White North. ?
Hey, hey, hey hang on there a minute Scott. Where?

Now, it might be a 7-hour drive north to the UP from my place, and I might be farther south than the greater portions of WA, OR, ID, MT, ND, SD, MN, and WI, and the southern-most tip of Canada may be further south than the northern tip of CA, but I think it’s widely accepted as common knowledge that only we Hosers can rightfully stake claim to that term - certainly before any Yoopers can.

I appreciate that it’s cold in the UP but Bob & Doug etched the official record in stone on that issue a long time ago.

However, my I’m not sure if I should be more disappointed in Gary (@Swingpure) for not calling this out much earlier. I mean, the guy lives in the part of this country that gets 11 months of winter each year.

âť„ ? ? ? ? ??

1613229654781.png

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
When I first got my Ranger I was like "seat warmers in AZ"? One day after work my back was sore and I put them on as I never tried them yet. I'm not saying they're as good as a heating pad but darn close when you're back aches. I just wish you could switch the seat part off as that gets a little "uncomfortable" when it's hot out here. :wink:
Fold a beach towel in half and sit on that. It will prevent the heat from the seat cushion from warming you up too much.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, hey, hey hang on there a minute Scott. Where?

Now, it might be a 7-hour drive north to the UP from my place, and I might be farther south than the greater portions of WA, OR, ID, MT, ND, SD, MN, and WI, and the southern-most tip of Canada may be further south than the northern tip of CA, but I think it’s widely accepted as common knowledge that only we Hosers can rightfully stake claim to that term - certainly before any Yoopers can.

I appreciate that it’s cold in the UP but Bob & Doug etched the official record in stone on that issue a long time ago.

However, my I’m not sure if I should be more disappointed in Gary (@Swingpure) for not calling this out much earlier. I mean, the guy lives in the part of this country that gets 11 months of winter each year.

âť„ ? ? ? ? ??

1613229654781.png
Ha, you're a bonafide southerner in most of Ontario. ? Considering it's white up here 5 to 6 months of the year I think we can share that phrase with our Canuck friends.
On a side note it's nice to have hockey back even though my Red Wings are still stinking it up. It's going to take Yzermam a couple years to get them competitive. ????

Screenshot_20210213-103529.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, you're a bonafide southerner in most of Ontario. ? Considering it's white up here 5 to 6 months of the year I think we can share that phrase with our Canuck friends.
On a side note it's nice to have hockey back even though my Red Wings are still stinking it up. It's going to take Yzermam a couple years to get them competitive. ????
I grew up on Lake Huron, so, yeah, I’m familiar with lake effect. Worst part for the UP is that with those three big lakes surrounding it, those streamers come in no matter which way the wind is blowing. Driving in a foot of fresh snow half the winter can’t be great for your mpg either.

It’s kind of fun for us to have all the Canadian teams playing against each other - truly Hockey Night in Canada. No one knows about stinking it up like Leafs fans, but “they’re goin’ all the way this year.” ??‍♂