First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
When switched to panel/dash, all the air comes out thru those vents. When switched to floor, air exits at the floor in front AND rear. So, it seems like not much air is moving at the driver's feet because half the airflow available goes to the rear seat. Put it to panel and floor means even less air flow at your feet.
Good point there. If you never use the back, you can plug those vents and force more air to come out the front at the feet. I will be doing that soon since scabs still have back vents.
I'm an auto guy set at 73. Take all the controls away so my wife doesn't mess with them. ?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I rag stuffed my rear vents in my SCAB. More airflow up front. I use 2 or 3 on fan speed and keep it about 71. Doesn’t take long and the front gets pretty warm. Really depends more on how cold it is outside and how hard the system works to keep up with it.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
In a home heated with forced air, during a/c the fan speed is high speed and heat is low speed.

so using that as a starting point, I’d set to floor only, high temp, low fan speed

worth a shot to see if it increases your comfort level

as an fyi, my wife constantly fidgets with her temp settings by one or two degree and I quote “ I can feel the difference “ so the temp settings must be accurate ????

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I leave all 3 options unselected and it seems to work better for me.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Put webasto on half an hour prior to leaving and remote start at 15 minutes prior to leaving.

Then you get toasty +20'C in the cabin when you jump in :)

More in-depth analysis (purely assumptions).
- 5G has PTC heater
- Engine heat is transferred to cabin through coolant loop
- When starting it only heats with the PTC heater and takes awhile to actually heat the cabin
- When the engine is operating at the normal level the cooling loop opens
- Takes about 10-15 miles (15-20km) for the engine to reach adequate temperature
- As long as you're only on PTC you can choose either to freeze your toes or fingers.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I am usually set to 73, auto, and find it heats things up okay, but if it is really cold ill crank it up to high once the engine gets closer to operating temp. good idea about plugging up the rear vents though.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Put webasto on half an hour prior to leaving and remote start at 15 minutes prior to leaving.

- 5G has PTC heater
- When starting it only heats with the PTC heater and takes awhile to actually heat the cabin
- Takes about 10-15 miles (15-20km) for the engine to reach adequate temperature
- As long as you're only on PTC you can choose either to freeze your toes or fingers.
What is a PTC heater?

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold

- 5G has PTC heater
Someone was not smart enough to order a diesel truck with webasto. :facepalm: When I realized it was a little late and then it got postponed as other issues appeared.
It starts to heat the salon right away, I get warm before truck’s engine. What I noticed when it’s below 0 the engine cools down very quickly.
If the temp is set to 21C it’s definitely not 21C coming to my hands, it’s almost burning fingers on steering wheel if air flow is not turned away. Do Ford trucks measure salon temperature from height of knees and until it’s not reached they just heat max temp they got and then stabilize?

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
I rag stuffed my rear vents in my SCAB. More airflow up front. I use 2 or 3 on fan speed and keep it about 71. Doesn’t take long and the front gets pretty warm. Really depends more on how cold it is outside and how hard the system works to keep up with it.
So simple it is :D
Is it possible to cause humidity collecting at rear by closing vents?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So simple it is :D
Is it possible to cause humidity collecting at rear by closing vents?
Really haven’t noticed that at all. Rear window will fog over easily but that’s because of temperature difference and it being glass condensation forms easily. Just use the rear window heater and it’s not an issue.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I'm an auto guy set at 73. Take all the controls away so my wife doesn't mess with them. ?
Dude, that is the worst! My wife is a control freak. She can't even manage the climate control in her own vehicle worth a shit. She can't let the car do the work and it is either too hot or too cold all the freakin' time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dude, that is the worst! My wife is a control freak. She can't even manage the climate control in her own vehicle worth a shit. She can't let the car do the work and it is either too hot or too cold all the freakin' time.
Surprised you didn't tell her to stay home or "shut the hell up!" ?