Cold feet

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
I’ve been using this option on picture but this way air flow to legs area is very, very weak.
If I choose air flow direction only to legs it’s working fine. Expect I get cold fingers.
Do all 5G trucks A/C works same way and I need to choose if I want my legs or fingers to freeze or I have picked not correct settings?

86BD5C27-52CD-44A8-877C-9142F1C0A448.jpeg
Sponsored

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I suffer with cold feet and hands a lot and my solution to date has been to leave on Auto and turn temperature to Hi. Once i feel toasty, i dial it back to 70 +/-.

Open to try other settings though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’ve been using this option on picture but this way air flow to legs area is very, very weak.
If I choose air flow direction only to legs it’s working fine. Expect I get cold fingers.
Do all 5G trucks A/C works same way and I need to choose if I want my legs or fingers to freeze or I have picked not correct settings?

I set mine the same way. Like you if I set it to feet only it's nice and warm but setting it to both takes away from the feet. Luckily here it doesn't get as cold as it does there so I can just keep it set to both without freezing to death.?

Also set your recirculating button. It will recirculate the warmer inside cabin air and it should be warmer.

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
Instead of having a temperature set try putting it to high. That will turn the fan to max and should provide a good amount of heat. Once it starts getting to warm just back it down. I’ve found auto doesn’t quite do enough when it’s cold cold outside. Also, wool socks.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

I keep mine at 70F (21C) auto with same vent settings...have you tried higher temperature?

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, seems it’s not me but Ford who set this option available in menu to choose 2 ways heating which is actually not working. Sad, but ok. Trucks are very comfy nowadays so no point to complain, let’s keep playing with touch screens and admiring them ?
Thanks for answering, was helpful. I‘m starting to pack my stuff now, load it up to my truck and move to a warmer place.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
When switched to panel/dash, all the air comes out thru those vents. When switched to floor, air exits at the floor in front AND rear. So, it seems like not much air is moving at the driver's feet because half the airflow available goes to the rear seat. Put it to panel and floor means even less air flow at your feet.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When switched to panel/dash, all the air comes out thru those vents. When switched to floor, air exits at the floor in front AND rear. So, it seems like not much air is moving at the driver's feet because half the airflow available goes to the rear seat. Put it to panel and floor means even less air flow at your feet.
Yeah… didn’t check rear airflow because I mostly drive alone so who cares, totally forgot rear seats exist. Checked only driver’s and passenger’s.

How it works on SCABs?

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, same situation here @Kristina. More fan speed and more heat is also my solution with the fan on floorboards only. (And hold the bottom of the steering wheel ?.)
I don’t want my eyes to be blown close to ears for the time spring comes :D

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for answering, was helpful. I‘m starting to pack my stuff now, load it up to my truck and move to a warmer place.
That is what I did many years ago, moved from north central US to southwest, much better now. In your case, maybe Spain or Italy.

As for supercabs, its not really any better. The fans in these trucks are just weak. I run mine at 4 or higher if I want to feel any airflow.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I suffer with cold feet and hands a lot and my solution to date has been to leave on Auto and turn temperature to Hi. Once i feel toasty, i dial it back to 70 +/-.

Open to try other settings though.
I just pretty much leave it at 70 or 71 and let it do it's thing. When it's pretty cold, it blows pretty well on my feet, but it also shares a little with the windshield.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is what I did many years ago, moved from north central US to southwest, much better now. In your case, maybe Spain or Italy.

As for supercabs, its not really any better. The fans in these trucks are just weak. I run mine at 4 or higher if I want to feel any airflow.
I find fans strong enough. I like to run it on speed 1 mostly, max 2. Long drives, dry eyes plus noise. In general it warms up quickly but I also use electric windscreen with heating filaments and seat heating, at the same time as someone was not smart enough to order Webasto the engine has to warm up, so I think how to share the energy. What I expected was stable airflow option for 2 directions.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I just put it on the floor and turn on the steering wheel heat to keep my hands warm. O wait that's my wifes car I am thinking about. Put on my gloves in the Ranger. We got the short end of the stick for driving comfort.
Sponsored