Cold feet

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
That's why I use the defrosting vents to circulate the air in the "upper" half of the cabin; if it's a cold enough day, or there's a lot of snow/ice build-up, then I'll use the remote start to get the truck heating up while I'm putting on boots, jacket, etc. That gives it time to thaw out whatever's on the windshield, so that it's easier to clean, and the fogged up windows aren't usually a problem, as it's had time to stabilize. If I do get foggy windows during the drive, I usually crack open my window and the rear passenger to create a small draft to clear it; it keeps the wife happy as the cold isn't blowing directly at her, and generally if it's getting foggy inside, it's too warm for me anyway, so I like a bit of cold going across my face. As for the 20, it's a little higher than I would go for myself, but lower than the low/mid-20s that the wife would like; call it a happy compromise.
I just realized you are talking Celsius. Makes wayyyy more sense now!
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I see you have A/C off. As I remember that way windows were foggy in my truck.
As in my other cars I have not used inner circulation I don't use it in truck also, but I give it a try.
You also mention hot air but 20 degrees on settings I see. That heater must be red burning hot inside there? :D
Yep 68Âş is too cold for my wife, she would be freezing :LOL: Has to be at least 72Âş or higher.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Yep 68Âş is too cold for my wife, she would be freezing :LOL: Has to be at least 72Âş or higher.
Long drives I use it even under 20C and I am the kind who really needs to be in warm. In Ranger 20-21, max 22 C I use for shorter trips, but in older cars I set temp to max or I freeze to death.
Really, I am happy with Ranger now than I finally took those 2 minutes to check out that the available settings on A/C like I used before are not functioning very well and that's likely for all Rangers.
BTW, I don't feel need for heated steering wheel in Ranger.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Long drives I use it even under 20C and I am the kind who really needs to be in warm. In Ranger 20-21, max 22 C I use for shorter trips, but in older cars I set temp to max or I freeze to death.
Really, I am happy with Ranger now than I finally took those 2 minutes to check out that the available settings on A/C like I used before are not functioning very well and that's likely for all Rangers.
BTW, I don't feel need for heated steering wheel in Ranger.
I agree, the only vehicle I ever needed heated grips was on my Motorcycle :). Never felt the need in a car or truck, but I do live in a warmer climate now, but have spent many years in Europe and Alaska, as well as the Northeast US.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Last edited:

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Thought I was the only one. Floor venting is horrible.
Mine will be set on 70/71 and still feel like cold air. A/C is off.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
I threaten to put a security case over the home thermostat but know I'd have to repair the wall when she rips it down.
This is what I have to deal with at work, 24 different apartments. :mad::handsinair:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
This is what I have to deal with at work, 24 different apartments. :mad::handsinair:
I'm sure at home it would be broken into many pieces.
Got in my Ranger today after the wife drove it this morning and temp was set to HI.
She drives less than 10 minutes to work. It not going to warm up any quicker. The seat warmer is just getting up to temp in that amount of time.:facepalm:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm sure at home it would be broken into many pieces.
Got in my Ranger today after the wife drove it this morning and temp was set to HI.
She drives less than 10 minutes to work. It not going to warm up any quicker. The seat warmer is just getting up to temp in that amount of time.:facepalm:
Maybe that will keep your battery charging at higher voltage. :thumbsup:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
My husband has threatened, many times, to put a locking cover over ours. :rolleyes: It would be war, I tell ya!:punch::crackup:
Sponsored