Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Guess my wife is pretty smart. She knows the thermostat is off limits and to warm it up some, just throw a couple logs in the woodstove. Was terrible when she went through the change with hot flashes. Kept the house at 60 deg. My ranger actually does a great job at heating but on a hot sunny day the ac blower is on high. Black is a terrible color for a vehicle.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Instead of complaining about your wives poor knowledge about heating show off your own knowledges and explain me please about Ranger heating and ventilation. OK I'll give it a shot.
If rear vents are stuffed is it possible humidity can collect there? Theoretically or in practically? Both.
And if I set certain temp on A/C why I get much hotter air? It After sitting in warm weather, the ductwork gets hot just like the rest of the interior. It takes time to expel the hot air from the vents, and for the refrigerant to become cool. If it never cools or not enough, that may be a sign that the system is low on refrigerant. See your dealer or an A/C repair shop.
And where is temp sensor in salon? At height of knees I assume? Roughly, yes. Elegant term for "Cabin" by the way.
After I get answers you may continue venting about your wives
;)
Thank you in advance! Y'welcome!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I've always said I'll take street smart over book smart any day! Annies daughter is SUPER book smart and can recite anything in history to a T! But some of the everyday simple things she does makes me say....What? ?‍♂
Truth!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Sorry to Kristina. We bashed our less than logical wives, while she was here because she was smart enough to know she might get some good answers, knowing most of us are not female. But come on, my wife yelled at me because I was turning on the bathroom faucet to let the water warm up to take a shower. She told me I was wasting water. I told her what's the difference if I turn on the shower or the faucet, the water comes from the same place. I knew she finally got it because she shut the hell up!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Sorry to Kristina. We bashed our less than logical wives, while she was here because she was smart enough to know she might get some good answers, knowing most of us are not female. But come on, my wife yelled at me because I was turning on the bathroom faucet to let the water warm up to take a shower. She told me I was wasting water. I told her what's the difference if I turn on the shower or the faucet, the water comes from the same place. I knew she finally got it because she shut the hell up!
Reminds me of an All In The Family episode where there was a problem with the kitchen sink. Michael was thirsty and whining about not being able to get a drink. Archie told him to just go upstairs and get water from the bathroom sink, to which the Meathead replied, "I'm not drinking bathroom water!"

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
True, my SIL who has a PHD & a Masters thought it was a good idea to connect the ice maker water line to the cold water hose of the washing machine :shock: then wondered why the ice cubes tasted funny!
Why would it taste funny? It's just tap water, same as if they would connect it any other place. Was it the hose leaching into the ice maker supply?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Reminds me of an All In The Family episode where there was a problem with the kitchen sink. Michael was thirsty and whining about not being able to get a drink. Archie told him to just go upstairs and get water from the bathroom sink, to which the Meathead replied, "I'm not drinking bathroom water!"
Greatest show ever! I have the complete DVD set.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Last edited:

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
@Kristina , this is what I do with mine. It works pretty well...

Ranger - 20230113_140056.jpg

Heat from the floor boards will rise into the rest of the cabin, and heat from the windshield vents will go into the rest of the cabin after doing its job on the windshield. It also avoids the problem of hot air blowing into my face and drying out my eyes. As someone else mentioned though, I should recirculate the air ; I'll have to remember to set that next time I'm in the truck.

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
And if I set certain temp on A/C why I get much hotter air? It After sitting in warm weather, the ductwork gets hot just like the rest of the interior. It takes time to expel the hot air from the vents, and for the refrigerant to become cool. If it never cools or not enough, that may be a sign that the system is low on refrigerant. See your dealer or an A/C repair shop.
I understand the situation you described may happen if outside is hot, comes familiar from summer. But it's winter time here.
At first I let the air blow directly to my hands. After 10 min it's burning hot and I have to change air flow direction. For that time cabin can't be reached to set temp which is mostly 20-21C (68-70F) on A/C. I use low speeds, higher speeds probably won't give better results until engine is yet cold.
What I want to know is if it's really meant to give out that high temp air until the temp sensor in cabin gets info the needed temp is reached and then truck keeps stable temp inside?
I could also ask from dealer how it works but that would not be fun at all :(

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Why would it taste funny? It's just tap water, same as if they would connect it any other place. Was it the hose leaching into the ice maker supply?
Yes, the rubber hose it is made from is definitely not potable water safe. Other than that a saddle clamp on a rubber hose is just asking for a flooded laundry room.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
@Kristina , this is what I do with mine. It works pretty well...

Ranger - 20230113_140056.jpg

Heat from the floor boards will rise into the rest of the cabin, and heat from the windshield vents will go into the rest of the cabin after doing its job on the windshield. It also avoids the problem of hot air blowing into my face and drying out my eyes. As someone else mentioned though, I should recirculate the air ; I'll have to remember to set that next time I'm in the truck.
I see you have A/C off. As I remember that way windows were foggy in my truck.
As in my other cars I have not used inner circulation I don't use it in truck also, but I give it a try.
You also mention hot air but 20 degrees on settings I see. That heater must be red burning hot inside there? :D

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I see you have A/C off. As I remember that way windows were foggy in my truck.
As in my other cars I have not used inner circulation I don't use it in truck also, but I give it a try.
You also mention hot air but 20 degrees on settings I see. That heater must be red burning hot inside there? :D
That's why I use the defrosting vents to circulate the air in the "upper" half of the cabin; if it's a cold enough day, or there's a lot of snow/ice build-up, then I'll use the remote start to get the truck heating up while I'm putting on boots, jacket, etc. That gives it time to thaw out whatever's on the windshield, so that it's easier to clean, and the fogged up windows aren't usually a problem, as it's had time to stabilize. If I do get foggy windows during the drive, I usually crack open my window and the rear passenger to create a small draft to clear it; it keeps the wife happy as the cold isn't blowing directly at her, and generally if it's getting foggy inside, it's too warm for me anyway, so I like a bit of cold going across my face. As for the 20, it's a little higher than I would go for myself, but lower than the low/mid-20s that the wife would like; call it a happy compromise.
Sponsored