2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
I think that's a downhill drive too :) at least most of it is.
On the way there yeah but not on the way back... or atleast it felt like it but idk im not really sure but either way my brother in law drove his ford fusion ecoboost 1.5 the same speed as me and he only averaged 30.8 mpg so i feel pretty good about mpg

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
That is good news, BlueSport. I'd be real happy with those numbers.

Just to be sure, does your truck have the full chin spoiler all the way across?

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Thanks, BlueSport. Mine will too and that is what I am hoping.

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Oo yeah rick it should hit that with ease .. i believe the only rangers that dont have the full chin spoiler are the fx4 models they do have 2 smaller chin spoilers but have the skid plat right in the middle of both of them

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is not the impression I'm getting from you guys.
https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-ranger-owners-are-very-angry
Who are these "angry Ranger owners"? The consensus of members of this Forum is somewhere between satisfied with the Ranger or delighted with it--and, guess what, the reported MPG of members (using the dashboard readings and their own calculations) does fall within Ford's EPA projections, sometimes even exceeding them, depending on load, road, wind, driving style, etc. I do not usually make predictions, but this suit is baseless and will go nowhere!

Last edited:

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I just turned 1k and am getting 21.2 mpg in my city driving with a Super Crew Lariat 4x4. My old Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed gets 23 for same driving. But the Tacoma has no power and you really need some space to think about passing someone.

I'm happy with what the Ranger gets for mpg.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
...Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed... you really need some space to think about passing someone.
My second Toyota was an '08 4x4 2.7l... You really need space and a strategic planning board to think about passing anything with those engines! Traded it in '09 for a used 4.0... which stands as the best engine ever (officially) put in a Tacoma.

On topic, though: I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to grasp... I've NEVER had a truck consistently get the EPA rating... my wife's Tacoma gets about 18 mixed (60-40) highway-city driving, which is on-par, but I've never managed more that 19 straight highway. These numbers are all based on best gentle driving techniques. When I drive like I want to, I get about 13 in the Taco...

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Who are these "angry Ranger owners"? The consensus of members of this Forum is somewhere between satisfied with the Ranger or delighted with it--and, guess what, the reported MPG of members (using the dashboard readings and their own calculations) does fall within Ford's EPA projections, sometimes even exceeding them, depending on load, road, wind, driving style, etc. I do not usually make predictions, but this suit is baseless and will go nowhere!

After filling up and resetting the MPG, I once saw 32 MPG during the first 12 miles of highway driving. My average of mostly rural hilly back roads, plus a little city and highway has been 25.9 MPG.
Long highway trips are in the 26-27 range. FX4 and Supercab. Include me in the very happy with MPG category.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Satisfied and delighted don't inspire clicks and sell ads.

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue Lariat Ranger
Occupation
USMC Retired, Ford Transporter driver.
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger just rolled over 2K and I have an overall average of 23.5MPG for those very fun 2K miles. Have seen 27 plus on a highway trip driving 5mph over the posted limit with cruise control on. SuperCrew 4x4 so I am exceeding the window sticker on all counts. Even pulling my Alumacraft boat I am over 20MPG. Not sure where all the angst is coming from. :like:

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
I am averaging 19.6 with a SCREW FX4. Not great but I’m not complaining.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
We could also start a suit regarding the fuel injector issues some of us have experienced.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Basically, a 100 mile drive through small towns and two-lane roads with 25 miles of 70MPH Freeway. I have zero complaints about fuel economy and I'm running 1/2 87 1/2 93 Every half a tank I fill up with different octanes to avg around 91. Filled up and went 93 miles or so. One hour 57 minute drive. Less than a quarter tank used. Adaptive cruise mostly on. All flat land.

In and around Myrtle Beach I avg 22-23 MPG

People today are far too litigious

unnamed (28).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: