First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
I found some plated Unistrut channel and some riv-nut type anchors. the channel was punched with 9/16" holes (!) but there was lots of room in between to drill some smaller ones (I think I used 5/16). Once those were drilled I clamped them against the bed inside, under the rails where there's a big enough spot, and transferred the holes with a Sharpie. Drilled and set one, used it to match a second one, then temporarily attached the channel and match drilled any of the others that landed in an appropriate spot (where there is an obvious gap between the outer skin and the inner structure) and set a few more. I think it ended up being at least 5-6 per side. I forget how I shimmed them out (the riv-nut has a thin head and the channel rocked a little) but they ended up pretty solid. Lots of unistrut-channel compatible options. Will it tow a trailer? Nah. It will anchor cartons, cross-bars, small bins, and so on.
Didn't take any pictures while I did it.
Good luck.
Nice. Pretty thorough, and likely to hold what you have in mind. Not sure if you saw the shovel mounted on the inside of the bed several threads back. The sheet metal gave in to the constant movement of the shovel and started to split at the drill points. Appreciate the post.
Sponsored

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Nice. Pretty thorough, and likely to hold what you have in mind. Not sure if you saw the shovel mounted on the inside of the bed several threads back. The sheet metal gave in to the constant movement of the shovel and started to split at the drill points. Appreciate the post.
Thanks.
Concern about tearing out was why I set as many anchor screws as I could find places for. It's actually pretty solid.
But the metal inside the box is pretty thin. And seems a little soft (a drawing grade, maybe?).

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the same things, but the lights are installed outside of these holes, by making new holes.
They are used for the light kit, if you have a drop-in liner.

Frank

Attachments

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Newbie here. Thank you for the add.

Just bought a 2022 Ranger and can not find a suitable way to install a rail and anchor system in the bed, such as the one installed on the new Tacoma’s. My assumption is that Ford does not make them for the Rangers. I like US Cargo Control’s “L-track” rails, but don’t see where I could install them in the bed. The inside lip of the bed cap appears to be too flimsy to use. Any suggestions, or what worked for you?
THIS!!!! I've always wondered why every manufacturer didn't copy Toyota and Nissan's cargo securement system. My '06 Frontier money pit had it. I think Nissan's is actually a bit better that Toyota. Regardless, both are exceedingly handy systems. Every time we use my son-in-laws truck (Ranger Tremor) to haul something I find myself thinking "Really Ford? This is the best you got?" as I am tying the cargo down.

Side note, yea my SIL will most likely be very happy when I finally get my own truck. :clap:

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Hi Steve,

The cargo rails can be ordered here for now https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-rail-assembly-pick-up-box-lb3z2655200a

I will send you a code you can use.

Thanks,
- Benny
Well here we go.... just ordered my truck last Friday. And already have the first "gotta have this!" item on my truck upgrade list.

This whole thing could get ugly boys. "Ranger updateitus." Even worse, If I have parts shipping here and don't even have a truck yet, I'm gonna be scrambling to explain myself to the boss lady. :whew:

OP
OP
duker66

duker66

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
THIS!!!! I've always wondered why every manufacturer didn't copy Toyota and Nissan's cargo securement system. My '06 Frontier money pit had it. I think Nissan's is actually a bit better that Toyota. Regardless, both are exceedingly handy systems. Every time we use my son-in-laws truck (Ranger Tremor) to haul something I find myself thinking "Really Ford? This is the best you got?" as I am tying the cargo down.

Side note, yea my SIL will most likely be very happy when I finally get my own truck. :clap:
No kidding. Love the little ranger, but come on Ford engineers, get creative!

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
If not mentioned already, M8 eyebolts screw right into all the open screw holes and provide a bevy of tie down options. I spent just a few $ on Amazon for a couple 5 packs, got a couple left over. My only complaint is that there's no way, like any eyebolt, to have it fasten down in a particular direction. Doesn't really matter though.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
If not mentioned already, M8 eyebolts screw right into all the open screw holes and provide a bevy of tie down options. I spent just a few $ on Amazon for a couple 5 packs, got a couple left over. My only complaint is that there's no way, like any eyebolt, to have it fasten down in a particular direction. Doesn't really matter though.
Yup...
IMG_4173.JPG

Edit:
I don't leave the rings in all the time. I kept them under the rear seat and screw one or more in as needed.
Sponsored

Last edited: