Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
Newbie here. Thank you for the add.

Just bought a 2022 Ranger and can not find a suitable way to install a rail and anchor system in the bed, such as the one installed on the new Tacoma’s. My assumption is that Ford does not make them for the Rangers. I like US Cargo Control’s “L-track” rails, but don’t see where I could install them in the bed. The inside lip of the bed cap appears to be too flimsy to use. Any suggestions, or what worked for you?
Sponsored

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
Interested in this as well, but all I've seen is ways to add additional individual tie loops.

OP
OP
duker66

duker66

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
theres probably a weight/pull limit on any upper rail install.
you'd just have to be tying off lighter objects.

will that L rail not attach to the bed floor like you see on trailers and such?
would that position still be useable for most loads?
Possibly. I’m also looking at buying the Tacoma oem rails and cleats and fabbing a bracket to the side walls. Gonna take it slow in case someone has a proven solution.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I added some extruded aluminum behind the tie-downs. These extent up and down and can be connected.
E05E02C6-685C-4741-AA04-2D8BADE563B0.jpeg
5F65402D-4C54-40FE-B593-3F203D8E1C0E.jpeg
Love that shovel Dan!

002AA9AC-FAE2-4C45-A188-1FD08F89290E.jpeg

Sorry folks - about $35 CAD and only available in Canada. ?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

Just bought a 2022 Ranger and can not find a suitable way to install a rail and anchor system in the bed, such as the one installed on the new Tacoma’s. My assumption is that Ford does not make them for the Rangers. I like US Cargo Control’s “L-track” rails, but don’t see where I could install them in the bed. The inside lip of the bed cap appears to be too flimsy to use. Any suggestions, or what worked for you?
Ford made one for the maverick but as people said its weight capacity due to the nature of its design will leave a lot to be desired, you could honestly just use the maverick diy guides ford has and make something for your bed from that. Also slightly unrelated but I do have to give ford props for the strength of their tie downs, my buddy hydro'd his four wheeler and had to winch it up into his truck using the tie downs as anchors and they held up beautifully.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase

Ford does, but I've never seen anyone on here have it. The part for Super Cab is SKLB3J-E55200-AA. I don't know the Super Crew part, but I'm sure there is one. You can find all the manuals for accessories here Ford accessories instructions . Just put in your model year, and model, or your VIN.

Frank

Screenshot_20220706-164255.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
duker66

duker66

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
Thank you for that information. That is encouraging, but the link to the Ford accessories does not take me to a Ford accessories site. I’ll try to find a good link. Again, thanks for that info.

OP
OP
duker66

duker66

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
Ford made one for the maverick but as people said its weight capacity due to the nature of its design will leave a lot to be desired, you could honestly just use the maverick diy guides ford has and make something for your bed from that. Also slightly unrelated but I do have to give ford props for the strength of their tie downs, my buddy hydro'd his four wheeler and had to winch it up into his truck using the tie downs as anchors and they held up beautifully.
Thanks for sharing.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for that information. That is encouraging, but the link to the Ford accessories does not take me to a Ford accessories site. I’ll try to find a good link. Again, thanks for that info.
Motorcraft is a Ford parts brand.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Motorcraft is a Ford parts brand.
Frank, it seems the link doesn’t take folks directly to Ford Accessories.

I ended up on a Ford Service Info page with no clear link for accessories…

8C6E4D58-187F-43A5-A8D3-69E82C064457.jpeg

OP
OP
duker66

duker66

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
Frank, it seems the link doesn’t take folks directly to Ford Accessories.

I ended up on a Ford Service Info page with no clear link for accessories…

8C6E4D58-187F-43A5-A8D3-69E82C064457.jpeg
I have looked everywhere for this bed rail. I drove up to Gullo Ford here in Conroe, Texas, but the parts guys could not find anything on it. Weird, no reference of it anywhere.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I have looked everywhere for this bed rail. I drove up to Gullo Ford here in Conroe, Texas, but the parts guys could not find anything on it. Weird, no reference of it anywhere.
Our sponsor, @LevittownFordParts.com , might be able to shed some light on this. Hey Benny, can you take a look at the attachment in this thread below and let us know how this can be ordered? It has numbers that I can’t find online but maybe you have a cross-reference guide. It’s an adjustable bed rail tie-down system.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/cargo-tie-down-what-did-you-do.20586/post-441245

It looks easy enough to install - hopefully, it’s available.

OP
OP
duker66

duker66

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Project Manager
Our sponsor, @LevittownFordParts.com , might be able to shed some light on this. Hey Benny, can you take a look at the attachment in this thread below and let us know how this can be ordered? It has numbers that I can’t find online but maybe you have a cross-reference guide. It’s an adjustable bed rail tie-down system.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/cargo-tie-down-what-did-you-do.20586/post-441245

It looks easy enough to install - hopefully, it’s available.
Thank you, that would be awesome if he could help! Much appreciated DukeCanBuildIt!!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, that would be awesome if he could help! Much appreciated DukeCanBuildIt!!
Anytime. How could I not help someone with Duke in their name? :D
Sponsored