First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
My Duratracs are 5,000km so I rotated both spares onto the truck today. New tires on the outside, center tire came from front left. Wear looks good so far, consitent and no chatter from them at all.

UkyrioN.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I also got the side tie-down cleats installed on my DiamondBack today and lifted my spare to it's new home. Orange straps need to go, but until I get the final resting place(s) for the spares, I will install a center bolt down for each. The straps work for now, and give me the box back.

IO4zoCb.jpg

1j3zIkv.jpg

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
And lastly today, I pulled the rear crash bars. More work than I anticipated, ended up cutting them both to get them out, instead of peeling the fenders. The felt liner had some slop to it, so I added a zip tie to each side, to keep it tight. There is an inch or more better clearance without the bar, so hopefully the felt liners don't get ripped off.

Advnirvana

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4 Carbonized Grey

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
How’s the AVS bug deflector working? Was it a no drill install?
Cosmetically it's okay, protects the edge decently well, but there is no "bug" deflector made that keeps my windshield clean, I live on Lake Erie shore and bug season is April to November.

The install was pretty easy, two sided tape peel and stick. No drill, and it's holding perfectly. No wiggles or rattles at any speed so far.

My only real complaint is the cheesy light strip is also a peel and stick to the deflector. Coming out of the box it was pretty disappointing, but once installed, it's not too bad.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I also got the side tie-down cleats installed on my DiamondBack today and lifted my spare to it's new home. Orange straps need to go, but until I get the final resting place(s) for the spares, I will install a center bolt down for each. The straps work for now, and give me the box back.

IO4zoCb.jpg

1j3zIkv.jpg
Great-looking ranger!

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Prince who?
No, Prinsu.

Meh, funnier live...

Forgot to post these last week, then Jimmy stole it for a few days. This must be one of those "magic hour" photos, because the truck is filthy, but looks amazing. It has a layer of smutz on it, that has an almost pearl quality, but looks shiny and clean here.
ICG69Bg.jpg

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Prince who?
No, Prinsu.

Meh, funnier live...

Forgot to post these last week, then Jimmy stole it for a few days. This must be one of those "magic hour" photos, because the truck is filthy, but looks amazing. It has a layer of smutz on it, that has an almost pearl quality, but looks shiny and clean here.
ICG69Bg.jpg
Any plans to add a light smoke to the tail lights? Would look great. Agree, your truck looks great in this picture.

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Any plans to add a light smoke to the tail lights? Would look great. Agree, your truck looks great in this picture.
Yesterday, I ordered smoked LED markers for the mirror signals, ETA 14 days.

Personally I would black out everything on the whole truck for the appearance, headlights and tail lights included. Headlights I won't because I live in the sticks and want all the light I can get.

Tail lights, my problem is I am colour blind, and tinted brake are harder to see in day light for me. I bitch about them constantly (while inside admiring how good they look). On that alone I can't bring myself to do the tail lights.

The tail lights are huge, and the light doesn't fill the whole lens like incandescent. I've been considering a vinyal wrap over the majority of the taillight, using cut tape to peel cut-outs for 100% light exposure, while hiding 80% of the red.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Yesterday, I ordered smoked LED markers for the mirror signals, ETA 14 days.

Personally I would black out everything on the whole truck for the appearance, headlights and tail lights included. Headlights I won't because I live in the sticks and want all the light I can get.

Tail lights, my problem is I am colour blind, and tinted brake are harder to see in day light for me. I bitch about them constantly (while inside admiring how good they look). On that alone I can't bring myself to do the tail lights.

The tail lights are huge, and the light doesn't fill the whole lens like incandescent. I've been considering a vinyal wrap over the majority of the taillight, using cut tape to peel cut-outs for 100% light exposure, while hiding 80% of the red.
Oh damn. Yep, can understand, that would be an issue. I plan on doing mine, because you’re right, the tail lights are big. I’ve used Luxe LightWrap before and like their products https://lightwrap.com/pages/about-lightwrap. This time I’ll probably opt to have them coated. Although, I’m very interested in tinting with cutouts. So, will be interested to see if you decide to go that route.

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Oh damn. Yep, can understand, that would be an issue. I plan on doing mine, because you’re right, the tail lights are big. I’ve used Luxe LightWrap before and like their products https://lightwrap.com/pages/about-lightwrap. This time I’ll probably opt to have them coated. Although, I’m very interested in tinting with cutouts. So, will be interested to see if you decide to go that route.
Not tint, opaque vinyl car wrap. Essentially the same as tint, but opaque. I used it on the outside of my rear window, but rookie'd a few mistakes into it. It still looks very good, but I am re-doing it, because I can't un-see my errors.

The vinyl arrived a few days ago, and I have far more than I need, so it's almost certain I will try the tail lights too. I have too many projects on the go, and don't have time to do any of them. I'm hoping for 2 dedicated truck days this week, and lots of installs. My garage looks like a parts warehouse right now, with un-opened boxes everywhere. Oh and my solar panels arrived today too, more stuff with no time. ha ha, fkn retirement.

10UYEfT.jpg

AQnRf9a.jpg

Rick-O

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XL FX4
Occupation
Video Producer
Vehicle Showcase
@JACKSMYDOG How are those N-Fab Trailslider Steps? I love how closely they hug to the lines of the truck body, and they complement your truck nicely. I'm looking at purchasing some side steps that also function as rock sliders. The main thing I'm concerned about is making sure they will actually work as a step for entry. My 5'1" wife desperately needs that extra footing to get in and out of my truck, as I currently have no steps installed (Blue Ranger below). Would you recommend the N-Fabs to someone in my situation?

IMG_E9340.JPG

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hey Rick.

They are great. Not true rock sliders as they are bolted to the body not the frame. They use the same 6 holes as factory steps, but provide upgraded bolts, and are fully welded 2 inch steel tubing. They are very tough and I expect they will hold up to everything short of very hard drops.

Strong enough to be used as steps, but just round 2 inch steel pipe on the outside, no flat spot or step area per se, and tight to the rocker so tough to step on perpendicular. They do have a gritty texture so grip is pretty good while it lasts.

I love the look and quality, but I think there are actual rock sliders available for about the same price. Being in Canada the options were limited and these were advertised as available so I bought them.
Sponsored