Cactus Grey or Shelter Green Metallic

Tremors

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Xlt FX-4
Cactus grey is nice. The green metallic color is a dark bronze with a green tint. It looks pretty dark. I watched a you tuber reviewing the new raptor and it was in the green metallic. I think it looks awesome

Lariat2021

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
Occupation
Retired
I would go with the "green" (looks more bronze to me - would have to see it in person as well) simply because it's bound to be a less frequently seen color. Plus, metallics always look better than the flat colors.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I just keep thinking of how difficult/expensive it would be in the case of adding fiberglass fenders/bedsides. My buddy was inquiring on getting his f150 paint matches if he got fenders and bedsides and was quoted 4k to match his grey/green color. I paid 2k for mine. Just a remark.

That's just me I love me some wide-bodies.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I went with shelter green on my order. I want to see what a bronze or dark earth color wheels will look like on it.

I want to keep my charcoal gray RTR wheels I have now and transfer them over, but kind of a little hesitant on the colors together.

The raptor comes with "gray" wheels, but they appear much darker than my "charcoal gray" RTR wheels.

Not sure if I am sold on the idea yet, Google is only going to get other trucks with the combo and Toyota's green is much brighter than the shelter green.

-tundra-trd-blaque-diamond-bd-o801-matte-bronze-20.jpg

Here is a green bronco with charcoal gray RTR wheels, but again, the green is different.

download.jpg

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Funny how makers come out with similar colors. Chevy has the Harvest Bronze Metallic which looks close to Shelter Green. Saw one on the lot on my way home. I also saw a Jeep that was close to Cactus Gray.
chevy bronze.png

raptor SG.png

Egg69

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Systems Analyst for Bonsall Unified School District

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how makers come out with similar colors. Chevy has the Harvest Bronze Metallic which looks close to Shelter Green. Saw one on the lot on my way home. I also saw a Jeep that was close to Cactus Gray.
chevy bronze.png

raptor SG.png
Yea well I wish Ford would have followed suite. The Colorado has such a wide range of covers. I kind of was secretly wishing I could get a Raptor in banana yellow.

All of Ford's colors are so drab and they didn't offer code orange which is a big wtf.

2023-chevy-colorado-zr2-nitro-yellow-1024x641.jpg

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Shelter Green reminds me of a BMW color, Manhattan Green. I saw this color on the road the other day and it is AMAZING. I would definitely go for Shelter.

1686172327184.jpeg

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Yea well I wish Ford would have followed suite. The Colorado has such a wide range of covers. I kind of was secretly wishing I could get a Raptor in banana yellow.

All of Ford's colors are so drab and they didn't offer code orange which is a big wtf.

2023-chevy-colorado-zr2-nitro-yellow-1024x641.jpg
It seems like 90% of the F150 Raptors i see on the road are black, so maybe that‘s Fords expectations for the RR.

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I like Shelter Green Metallic, but I may be biased. :cool: It looks similar to "Black Jade" as Ford called it in '69. Same color was called Dark Metallic Green in '70. The light really makes a difference on these tones.

shades.JPG
Wow, that is nice! Brings back so many great memories.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Cactus gray fan and I've probably had more comments on the color of it over any other car I've had. I also have never like the color green on a car.