Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my fenders come in and with all my excitement I totally spaced on what to do with the side marker lights that aren’t essentially there.
I have the raptor front grille lights that are connected to the side marker lights as well,
Any ideas?
was thinking of making the vents open forthe lights to come through , or attach somehow to shine down on the tires…

any ideas?
BC01C2A8-67A0-4D50-A269-D58363A6C7C3.jpeg
8F86567E-85EC-47E1-9471-D4372575435A.jpeg
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'd be happy to loose the fender marker lights.

I'd pull the bulbs from the marker lights and leave it all connected as it is now. It should still draw enough to keep the computers happy.

OP
OP
Washingtonwarrior

Washingtonwarrior

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be happy to loose the fender marker lights.

I'd pull the bulbs from the marker lights and leave it all connected as it is now. It should still draw enough to keep the computers happy.
Yah, I mean I was looking at the raptor version in Australia and they don’t have them either , so I guess it would be “replicated” like it.
I just feel bad not using light lol. I’m a light guy

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yah, I mean I was looking at the raptor version in Australia and they don’t have them either , so I guess it would be “replicated” like it.
I just feel bad not using light lol. I’m a light guy
Ya, I like lights too, but the orange markers on these truck stand out on every colour, except maybe orange trucks. The light itself I don't mind, it's the non-lit marker in day light that I find unappealing on the Ranger. The clear or smoked LED look much better depending on your colour truck.

Also, the light and location are a dated concept from when cars had basic crappy incandescent headlights, and a marker was needed on the side for perpendicular traffic. The headlights on the Rangers are about 4 billion candle power and wrap the corner enough that markers really aren't needed...... IMO

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
No one loves the look of them, but sadly an amber reflex reflector at each front corner is required equipment. Would a cop ever ticket someone for that? Doubtful.

I'm really not trying to be a stick in the mud. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Washingtonwarrior

Washingtonwarrior

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
No one loves the look of them, but sadly an amber reflex reflector at each front corner is required equipment. Would a cop ever ticket someone for that? Doubtful.

No that’s good to know! That’s a good point , I mean I’ll rock it without it and worse case if I get a ticket I’ll put one on .
I know the raptor f-150 has that reflective or small one on the end of the fender . So worse case I’d put it there I guess

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Put a set of Alpharex headlights in, they have an amber reflector/light in them that will fill the requirements.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Put a set of Alpharex headlights in, they have an amber reflector/light in them that will fill the requirements.
Or a few strips of colour match retro-reflective 3M safety tape along the edge of the current headlight, bumper, or fender.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
This roll is a few years old and dirty, but gloss black with a little metallic fleck, and full reflectivity when lit.

Ssitting on my truck tonneau cover, with flash from iphone 15 feet away.
m4qSJSN.jpg

Same roll

mJ0wh9D.jpg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

I honestly love the amber look, then again I had it tinted so its a faded/dark amber. Looks great and cuts out all the other LED I put on. I completely understand someone wanting updated LED's though, I did it to most of the Lariat lights.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I honestly love the amber look, then again I had it tinted so its a faded/dark amber. Looks great and cuts out all the other LED I put on. I completely understand someone wanting updated LED's though, I did it to most of the Lariat lights.
Yeah, I replaced all my bulbs with LEDs after I put Lariat headlights in my XLT. My side markers are probably way brighter than they need to be. I kind of wish the rear arch had a matching red one, but the taillight fills all the needs for a sidemarker on the rear.
Sponsored