First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
video posted before and in humor - the guy says make sure you use left handed pliers to remove a left threaded nut, it's obviously a staged video as you'd never be able to disassemble a turbo with the tools shown. I rebuilt a few garretts but yrs back, weren't really bad but glad to see Ford uses borg warner. Garrett declared bankruptcy and was acquired by a private equity firm (KPS) , I had honeywell stock and when garrett was spun off had some shares of garrett which proved to be worthless.
Haha I watched the YouTube with sound muted ( I wear hearing aids and try to limit useless noise as much as possible ?). Now it’s makes me want to fire up my Bluetooth and give it a listen. I agree that the Borg is the best product currently.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Yeah, but in Alaska? I doubt anyone up there that would use tech like that for nefarious purposes would even know that tech exists. Same here. We're pretty darn similiar. HI is just AK without the snow. We're the red-headed step-children of the US. AK are the kids they keep in the attic. HI are the kids they keep under the stairs.
Really? Those are the two places I most want to visit besides the Holy Land.? Maybe one day…?

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
That wheel will rotate between 50,000 and 150,000 rpm. No such thing as passing between with just a couple of hits. Depending on what type of material the object is a pea sized object can do close to this type of damage. Seen it multiple times
I'm going to assume the nut eventually made it through and is parked inside the cat now since the mechanic didnt find it..

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Really? Those are the two places I most want to visit besides the Holy Land.? Maybe one day…?
Holy Land? You mean Graceland, right Tracy. I’ve been, it’s pretty cool.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
In my younger years I would have loved it! I was a big Elvis fan. Now days, I’m not impressed with celebrities. (Not about to get rid of my albums though:giggle:)

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to assume the nut eventually made it through and is parked inside the cat now since the mechanic didnt find it..
Nut didn’t make it through. The splitter fins aren’t damaged just the leading edge ones. The tech said he has the nut and was going send a pic to OP when can get it. IF the nut had gone through it would have been stuck in the charge air cooler inlet side as this the cold side of the turbo.

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
Come on over! It really is a great place to visit, and live for that matter,albeit expensive. Living here can be frustrating at times. Especially on the outer islands, like I am. Business will close at random times (surf's up), it's Monday, it's lunchtime....

Nothing is ever in stock. Especially big ticket or higher end items. It seems no one wants to ship here, and when they do, it's exorbitant. Cast me nearly $400 to ship my mountain bike home after a race. But that's ok. I'll just go sit on the beach (72 degrees yrar round avg tmp and 300+ days of sunshine annually) with my cheap beeer (because shipping costs, hahaa) while I wait the 10-12 days for my parts to come in.

Auto dealers? NO competiton. Only one dealer for each manufacturer. And Ford/Chevy?Nissan are all under the same umbrella, so I couldn't even play them against each other.

Motorcycles? I had to buy my Harley through a Kia dealership! I sh*t you not. And we don't even have Honda or Suzuki here. We have a Taco Bell though. "A" taco bell. (that's prob not a bad thing tho).

We just like to bag on it sometimes like everyone does about their locales. But seriously, if you get the chance, go for it. And if you make it to Kauai, feel free to hit me up. And that goes for any and all here.

Oh, and Israel is top of list of places to go, outside the US. One of these days....

Last edited:

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
And don't even get me started on the beaurocracy, or gov't. It really does operate on the level of a third world country.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Come on over! It really is a great place to visit, and live for that matter,albeit expensive. Living here can be frustrating at times. Especially on the outer islands, like I am. Business will close at random times (surf's up), it's Monday, it's lunchtime....

Nothing is ever in stock. Especially big ticket or higher end items. It seems no one wants to ship here, and when they do, it's exorbitant. Cast me nearly $400 to ship my mountain bike home after a race. But that's ok. I'll just go sit on the beach (72 degrees yrar round avg tmp and 300+ days of sunshine annually) with my cheap beeer (because shipping costs, hahaa) while I wait the 10-12 days for my parts to come in.

Auto dealers? NO competiton. Only one dealer for each manufacturer. And Ford/Chevy?Nissan are all under the same umbrella, so I couldn't even play them against each other.

Motorcycles? I had to buy my Harley through a Kia dealership! I sh*t you not. And we don't even have Honda or Suzuki here. We have a Taco Bell though. "A" taco bell. (that's prob not a bad thing tho).

We just like to bag on it sometimes like everyone does about their locales. But seriously, if you get the chance, go for it. And if you make it to Kauai, feel free to hit me up. And that goes for any and all here.

Oh, and Israel is top of list of places to go, outside the US. One of these days....
Hey Paul,

I think Hawaii just might be the best place on earth - I went on a handful of two and three-week solo cycling/camping trips on Oahu when I was young. So tranquil and I met some of the nicest people on my trips - true Aloha Spirit.

DB5C110A-8363-4291-86FE-7B6A3412FED6.jpeg

and then a few typical tourist trips to Maui a few times later in life - rode my mountain bike up to Haleakala crater one morning and saw these strange creatures suited up to ride down the volcano…they came up in a a van.

4AAACD2F-A6E9-4CC9-A6AB-0CDA987575B3.jpeg

I always made big decisions on those trips, whether camped on a beach listening to the surf, or riding 10,000 ft up a volcano, you sure do a lot of thinking. It’s the perfect place to pause, decompress, and figure out what your next move should be. You’re blessed to live there.

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
This is definitely one of the friendliest states I've lived in. Very good people here.

And I couldn't agree more on the cycling and those processes. , I jave very limited experience on the other islands, but have done that climb. I have over 100,000 mies on Kauai over the last 30 years. Used to do a century every Monday.

We have some great MTB'ing here too.

IMG_20141123_131525.jpg

IMG_20141123_102157.jpg

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Nut didn’t make it through. The splitter fins aren’t damaged just the leading edge ones. The tech said he has the nut and was going send a pic to OP when can get it. IF the nut had gone through it would have been stuck in the charge air cooler inlet side as this the cold side of the turbo.
I guess it wasnt clear from the OP, there seems to be conflicting comments from him about the nut.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I guess it wasnt clear from the OP, there seems to be conflicting comments from him about the nut.
I was going by his post from yesterday morning.
“ It was a nut, the tech couldn't find it when I was there. He’s gonna send a pic if he finds it“