SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up on trusting members on this site. About 2 mos should I posted looking for a set of nerf bars for my xl . A member sent me a PM saying a friend had a set. Like a dummy I trusted him and sent money on Cashapp. You may also be aware that Cashapp will not help. This member will not answer PM’s and has not been on since
Very sorry to hear this! Its unfortunate that we cannot trust those on a site where we share a common like! What goes around comes around in my experience and I hope it comes around on this fool twice fold..
Sponsored

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Never, ever use a debit card for anything
Agreed. I don't ever use a debit card, I cut it up. If I need to get cash I use my bank's ATM and use a one time use PIN. Banks always fight harder for their own money, not yours.

Sucks to hear about this man! Hope it wasn't a huge loss for you. We've all been there in one way or another. Chalk it up to "lessons learned". We have fools like this trying to run these scams over at LotusTalk once in a while. They get ousted pretty quickly because we are such a small community.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My debit card is now offering 0% fraud liability (backed by Visa) even when used as debit. I still don't use it, and have a Discover card linked to paypal for this reason.

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Hoping mine deis also. Have Visa. Still waiting on investigation

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hopefully your investigations goes quickly and you get your money back!

I had a fraudulent charge on Friday on my Visa card. Capital one notified me right away (text and email) wanting to confirm the charge as it wasn't from a place I normally purchase from. They immediately cancelled my card and reversed the charge which was $283.20. The only hassle is I had to input the new info with my direct withdrawals and wait for a new card which is arriving today. If it weren't for the fact is was late day Friday I would've already had the new card. I know some banks will replace the money immediately from a debit card fraud but I've known some to take days if not weeks.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
My debit card is now offering 0% fraud liability (backed by Visa) even when used as debit. I still don't use it, and have a Discover card linked to paypal for this reason.
that might even be true, but your account is empty while you argue about it. much better to just not be out the money.

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant
Really never do. That’s I’m pi’s—d at Cashapp as they never stated that
This is a late response, but I can tell you that my bank will always issue credit for fraudulent transactions - even when a debit card is used. Debit cards have the same protection as credit cards if they have the Visa or Mastercard logo.

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
This is a late response, but I can tell you that my bank will always issue credit for fraudulent transactions - even when a debit card is used. Debit cards have the same protection as credit cards if they have the Visa or Mastercard logo.
Tks for info, I’ll ck