Buyer Beware

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Just a heads up on trusting members on this site. About 2 mos should I posted looking for a set of nerf bars for my xl . A member sent me a PM saying a friend had a set. Like a dummy I trusted him and sent money on Cashapp. You may also be aware that Cashapp will not help. This member will not answer PM’s and has not been on since
Sponsored

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Ya sent them a heads up. Tried PP. and said it never showed up on his account. I have disputed at bank. But probably won’t happen

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear. Have you reported their user name to the moderator yet? I will only make payments with services that have buyer/fraud protection like PayPal.

I try to use PayPal too when possible. I've bought a few things from a couple bad sellers on eBay and another site and PayPal took care of it. For added protection on PayPal link your credit card and use that when checking out instead of your bank account as most cc companies have their own fraud protection.

Sorry Ron this happened to you but unfortunately there are scammers everywhere even on here I guess. I'm a believer of Karma and he'll get his one day but that won't get you your money back.:curse:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Could you post up which member so others don’t deal with them and get scammed as well?

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
His member name is “REESE”. He has no posts and I believe he was just trolling our site and has not been on since

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Just a heads up on trusting members on this site. About 2 mos should I posted looking for a set of nerf bars for my xl . A member sent me a PM saying a friend had a set
Just a heads up on trusting members on this site. About 2 mos should I posted looking for a set of nerf bars for my xl . A member sent me a PM saying a friend had a set. Like a dummy I trusted him and sent money on Cashapp. You may also be aware that Cashapp will not help. This member will not answer PM’s and has not been on since[/https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/members/reece.3139/

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
His member name is “REESE”. He has no posts and I believe he was just trolling our site and has not been on since
Yep you’re probably right. Likely just checks forums for wanted ads and says he has or knows someone with the item then collects money and disappears. I’d be willing to bet this isn’t the first time and won’t be his last.

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Definitely don’t use Cashapp. I should have checked his profile and saw he just joined. What upsets me is Cashapp asks for CC. Then takes it out of your debit so now bank can’t recover

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Really never do. That’s I’m pi’s—d at Cashapp as they never stated that

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Definitely don’t use Cashapp. I should have checked his profile and saw he just joined. What upsets me is Cashapp asks for CC. Then takes it out of your debit so now bank can’t recover

I don't understand how they took it from your debit if they had your CC? Was this a debit card that can be both debit and credit? I don't have a debit for this very reason,only use my Capital One Visa. Not to add insult to injury but I never do business with anyone who has no posts on any forum.

OP
OP

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
That’s the same question I asked them and at this time no response and probably won’t get one

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired