BuiltRight Industries Dash Mount

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Same here. Mine just will not stay down on right side. Also ordered a new one (and a RAM track to replace this)
[/QUOTE]

I thought my clearance issue was towards the windshield, but it was actually away from the windshield. I fought with it for about an hour until I notched farther forward. Fell right in to place after that.
Sponsored

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
Same here. Mine just will not stay down on right side. Also ordered a new one (and a RAM track to replace this)

I thought my clearance issue was towards the windshield, but it was actually away from the windshield. I fought with it for about an hour until I notched farther forward. Fell right in to place after that.
[/QUOTE]

I'm puzzled. What's the clearance issue? My problem is the the front clips are not engaging no matter how much I press

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm puzzled. What's the clearance issue? My problem is the the front clips are not engaging no matter how much I press
[/QUOTE]

The rear bolts wouldn't clear the plastic at the rear of the tray mount. I had to trim farther towards the seats than I expected. I couldn't get all the clips clipped at the same time as it would rock on those bolts. Just something to check.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I installed mine like this too. I had to notch farther forward (towards the driver's seat) than I thought. Once I did that, it dropped right in. I fought it for a long time. Lost one of those stupid blue pieces in the process. No rattling though, so I think it's okay.

I thought slowly wiggling might free it from the blue things. nope! I lost one as well into the abyss (they disappear fast!). Fingers crossed it doesn't cause a rattle.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Mine doesn't rattle (at least the clip in the dash). The tray isn't as sturdy as I'd like though, so I am looking up a replacement. If they aren't too expensive, I will just get a new tray and reinstall the mount. I also know it would be easier to install the ball mounts without the mount mounted to the tray. I'd be able to readjust my balls (hehe).

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just so everyone here has it, the part number is 044B78B from Ford and cost $27.32 (at the time of this comment). Mine will be here Tuesday and includes the blue clips on the bottom.

I got the part number from this parts diagram.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I think I prefer this one to the Built Right. This seems to leave more of the tray open and usable
Not really that much useable space only for thin things. I have the bulletpoint one. I do enjoy the flag designs in the phone mount and tray :flag:

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Yeah you should be able to fit some glasses in there with it. I have been very impressed by Bulletpoint and their customer service. They have been very quick to respond and extremely helpful. I highly recommend :thumbsup:

NC_LFX4

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4; 2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]

I’m having the same problem as you. Even before I installed the tray, the front clips wouldn’t engage no matter what I did. About to have to order a new one from Levittown and hope for better luck on the second attempt…

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having the same problem as you. Even before I installed the tray, the front clips wouldn’t engage no matter what I did. About to have to order a new one from Levittown and hope for better luck on the second attempt…
[/QUOTE]

put the front clips in first and rotate back as you press down.

NC_LFX4

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4; 2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Vehicle Showcase
put the front clips in first and rotate back as you press down.
[/QUOTE]

I think I finally got it, I may have messed up the part of the tray the blu clips attach to though. This past from Levittown is the replacement part for the tray, correct?

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-finish-panel-kb3z2104338aa

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27