BuiltRight Industries Dash Mount

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Me too....except I re-used the Builtright dash mount from my Raptor so its sits a little higher than the one made for the Ranger.

E6D06D9F-7D12-4E2C-A9C8-9C7FF23E61AA.jpeg

0AE8EADE-755E-456B-A87D-89A216DAD993.jpeg
so this is the one for the F150/ raptor? I like this idea to just want to make sure it’s the right width and length?
Sponsored

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
so this is the one for the F150/ raptor? I like this idea to just want to make sure it’s the right width and length?
Yes, it was a leftover from my F150 Raptor I traded.
You just need smaller screws and install screw heads from bottom. (nut installed facing up) otherwise it might hit the plastic below the tray.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Yes, it was a leftover from my F150 Raptor I traded.
You just need smaller screws and install screw heads from bottom. (nut installed facing up) otherwise it might hit the plastic below the tray.
Awesome thanks, I like the higher one better also, so I’ll be going that route

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Is there a specific mounting pattern or anything I should be searching for phone mounts that will attach to this? I just ordered one, but have no clue what phone mounts will be compatible.

kcederwall08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Is there a specific mounting pattern or anything I should be searching for phone mounts that will attach to this? I just ordered one, but have no clue what phone mounts will be compatible.
The Builtright Sheetmetal part has so many slots on it, that you should be able to pretty much attach any bolt pattern with 2 bolts. But I went with the ram set-up, the drill down base fit perfectly, all 4 bolts line up with the slots of the mount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JH0XH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Wish there was a KeyMod version.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Me too....except I re-used the Builtright dash mount from my Raptor so its sits a little higher than the one made for the Ranger.

I like the idea of spinning this 180 so I could actually use the tray without scraping knuckles.

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I just spent the last hour trying to get this to clip in without success. How did you all get this flush again? My side clips and back clips just wont go in (I've even hit it with a rubber hammer). I'm able to get the center spring clips in and the front clips but that's it.

I ended up ordering another "Finish Panel" (KB3Z-2104338-AA) as I ended up scratching this in the process of trying to get it in...

IMG_1061.jpg

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
I just spent the last hour trying to get this to clip in without success. How did you all get this flush again? My side clips and back clips just wont go in (I've even hit it with a rubber hammer). I'm able to get the center spring clips in and the front clips but that's it.

I ended up ordering another "Finish Panel" (KB3Z-2104338-AA) as I ended up scratching this in the process of trying to get it in...

IMG_1061.jpg
Looks like maybe the screws you used to attach to the dash tray are hitting some plastic underneath. That’s what happened to me, so I used a step drill bit to clearance the portion under tray. Used a grease marker on bottom of bolt to figure where to drill. Worked great. PM if you have any questions. Hopefully described it good enough.

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
just installed one of these. It's dreadful. The screws that hold it on don't line up with the slots, so your having to tighten at an angel (unforgiveable). And then trying to hold a nut underneath while you attach something is almost impossible. (managed it with some masking tape and a skinny wrench.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1061.jpg
I installed mine like this too. I had to notch farther forward (towards the driver's seat) than I thought. Once I did that, it dropped right in. I fought it for a long time. Lost one of those stupid blue pieces in the process. No rattling though, so I think it's okay.

just installed one of these. It's dreadful. The screws that hold it on don't line up with the slots, so your having to tighten at an angel (unforgiveable). And then trying to hold a nut underneath while you attach something is almost impossible. (managed it with some masking tape and a skinny wrench.
I just used a ball head allen and it worked no problem. I think the installation was easy.

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
[/QUOTE]

IMG_1061.jpg
Same here. Mine just will not stay down on right side. Also ordered a new one (and a RAM track to replace this)

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Same here. Mine just will not stay down on right side. Also ordered a new one (and a RAM track to replace this)
[/QUOTE]
The plastic dash is not even, you have to move the bull right closer to the cab or radio, if you mount it closer to the windshield it won't mount back in cause the bolts will hit the plastic panel.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired

That's great!

I was thinking about a lift kit for mine before installing it. Seeing it higher helps, thanks!
Sponsored