Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
?

Great idea!

It was enough to get her to convert her to Ford. Not sure how far I’ll get with Bronco subliminal messaging. ?

She did like the toy-box prototype display we saw a few months ago. Might be time to get creative.
The dealers are just starting to get their demos of the full size Bronco. See if you can find one in your area and take her to check them out. Before going point out all those features listed and again while you're there. If you say it enough times pretty soon she'll be asking you to order one. :like: ?

XLT_TREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Tremor
The dealers are just starting to get their demos of the full size Bronco. See if you can find one in your area and take her to check them out. Before going point out all those features listed and again while you're there. If you say it enough times pretty soon she'll be asking you to order one. :like: ?
Co-enabling is strong in this forum. I like it. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Those are actually fighting words in this house. ?
As Dave (@AzScorpion ) has seen me post before, this is 50th anniversary year for wife and I, so we are way over 51 years knowing each other (whirlwind romance):inlove:

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
I use mine as a truck so I'm not worried about what the Ronco guys are doing.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Dang. In your shoes I would’ve done a LOT to make the Bronco work out. Though I understand about not getting to test drive and issues with availability. Now if only my wife said she wanted one!

What was the issue with the Edge?
Bought in 2011. Meticulously maintained. V6 engine with 6 speed transmission. Dated styling and not as fuel efficient as my wife would like. Recent job and residence change puts her at 50 miles a day travel, as opposed to the 6 miles a day last year.

Bottom line is she wanted a new car and my job is to make it happen.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
What's with the "herd" mentality of 30 vehicles driving nose to tail, you doing the same thing the other 30 guys are doing? Kind of like driving on the highway... with better scenery.

But I fondly remember a time, when you saw an outrigged / lifted 4x4, that you knew the guy standing there is the guy that built it. As a designer / fabricator, I could respect that. Go talk to them about their rig, learn a lot and maybe share some stuff you've learned. Good times.

Then it evolved into shops building rigs for non mechanically inclined folks to go 4 wheeling. OK, well at least most of the folks driving them could at least change a spare tire if need be.

But I'm pretty sure the herd mentality is because Biff and Buffy rented a rig, or bought a factory rig, and go out onto public lands and haven't got a clue as to what they are doing or how to fix anything if it gets broken. So they team up with 58 of their closest friends and become a 1/2 mile caravan of a dust cloud moving through public lands. Herd mentality, that's it exactly.

This same scenario keeps playing out, time and time again. Motorcycles are a good example, Hot Rods and Muscle Cars too. Times have evolved from motorhead / gearheads / hot rodders building and driving their home built stuff to "Forest Gump drives a Bronco at the Roadeo"

Cool rig can I ask you about _____

"I don't know, I bought it that way"​
"I don't know, I had a shop install it"​
"Run Forrest Run"​

I don't get it at all. We're hikers and love the tranquility of being out in the forest / wilderness, where you can enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.

Why do I care then about folks 4 wheeling? I don't if it's just a few. Why is that? From my hiking experiences, in these high traffic herd mentality trail areas on public lands, many in the herd are throwing out litter, defecating and defacing, and treading in areas where they shouldn't even be driving.

Ranger5g.com has changed drastically in 2 years. Because the 2019 Rangers were new, most of the posts here were about modifications being done by owners, or little Mom and Pop shops, or folks working through issues and learning about our new "Rangers".

Now it's evolved into, "hey gang look at these folks all following each other in nearly identical new vehicles" -or- 250 folks sharing photo's of how their Dee Zee damper fits.

Hey HenryMac, the 60's / 70's called, they want you to come back.

Rant Over.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What's with the "herd" mentality of 30 vehicles driving nose to tail, you doing the same thing the other 30 guys are doing? Kind of like driving on the highway... with better scenery.

Then it evolved into shops building rigs for non mechanically inclined folks to go 4 wheeling. OK, well at least most of the folks driving them could at least change a spare tire if need be.

But I'm pretty sure the herd mentality is because Biff and Buffy rented a rig, or bought a factory rig, and go out onto public lands and haven't got a clue as to what they are doing or how to fix anything if it gets broken. So they team up with 58 of their closest friends and become a 1/2 mile caravan of a dust cloud moving through public lands. Herd mentality, that's it exactly.

That's pretty much it right there. It's just a chance for those who have an order to try one out off road before it gets here. Plus like you said there will be many who are buying these who have never been off road and have no idea what they're doing. As much as I'd love to go to Moab and do Cliffhanger could you imagine how many would be rolled over if they actually let you do this?

Besides there are so many buying these on the B6G forum, adding the Sasquatch package ($5K) and saying they will never take it off road. So basically it's a $50K mall crawler. At least this gives them a little taste of some trails as the biggest obstacle they'll crawl over will be a speed bump. :giggle:

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I had a Harley in the back of my Ranger today. Does that mean I put all the bronco owners to shame? Different trucks with a different purpose. The Ranger is a lot more useful for my needs.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

But I fondly remember a time, when you saw an outrigged / lifted 4x4, that you knew the guy standing there is the guy that built it. As a designer / fabricator, I could respect that. Go talk to them about their rig, learn a lot and maybe share some stuff you've learned. Good times.

This same scenario keeps playing out, time and time again. Motorcycles are a good example, Hot Rods and Muscle Cars too. Times have evolved from motorhead / gearheads / hot rodders building and driving their home built stuff to "Forest Gump drives a Bronco at the Roadeo"

Cool rig can I ask you about _____

"I don't know, I bought it that way"​
"I don't know, I had a shop install it"​
"Run Forrest Run"​

I don't get it at all. We're hikers and love the tranquility of being out in the forest / wilderness, where you can enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.

Why do I care then about folks 4 wheeling? I don't if it's just a few. Why is that? From my hiking experiences, in these high traffic herd mentality trail areas on public lands, many in the herd are throwing out litter, defecating and defacing, and treading in areas where they shouldn't even be driving.

Ranger5g.com has changed drastically in 2 years. Because the 2019 Rangers were new, most of the posts here were about modifications being done by owners, or little Mom and Pop shops, or folks working through issues and learning about our new "Rangers".

Now it's evolved into, "hey gang look at these folks all following each other in nearly identical new vehicles" -or- 250 folks sharing photo's of how their Dee Zee damper fits.

Hey HenryMac, the 60's / 70's called, they want you to come back.

Rant Over.
Your last sentence is probably right, different times had different "fun".
Being a modder in the 60's was just about anyone with a car by senior year. Most of us were lucky enough to have dad's that passed along all kinds of vocational skills, not to mention working at gas stations and garages parttime.

Once they started epa-ing everything into closed systems, fewer worked on anything, money talked, knowledge walked to put it mildly.

Today, all about the fun and what works, works.

All you can do is change yourself and live a happy life...

Keep in truck'n!