Any guys running E load Toyo At3?

jaruss01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
I saw one or two guys had a review or two earlier this year. For them, and any others, what are your thoughts?

I have an early reservation for a Bronco, and figured I'd post here, given the similarities between the Ranger/Bronco. One Bronco trim has 18" stock wheels, and we determined we could definitely accommodate 275/70/r18s (33.2). The Toyo AT3s are actually 33.4, which is nice. Problem being, this size tire class has NO c rated tires. The go-to E load was the Revo3 due to weight (50 lbs in this size tire). But enter the new At3s, and they are 53 lbs (although a slightly lighter tire). I've been speaking with Toyo and they said blind testing showed that this tire in both C and E rated resulting in no difference in ride comfort depending on the PSI. Take with a serious grain of salt. Although they have a 500 mile return policy, so I figured I might as well try.

To me, this is the perfect tire if I'm stuck in E load - aggressive, 33.4 (not 33.2), light for an E, etc. Suprisingly, they have other tire sizes that come in both C and E loads, and they weigh the same. Someone asked the question how, and it was because the sidewalls both were 2 ply. This sounds like promising that perhaps their come be some truth to their blind testing results between C and E loan ride feel.

I know the endless debate on E vs C load. But every tire is different. I've read so far that the E load At3s are very good on the road when aired to ~30-35 PSI.

Thanks guys! FYI - this will spend a lot of time as a family hauler for highway driving.
Sponsored