Bronco… (ugh) .. Anyone Else Think This..?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had one ordered which I have since 99'd do to all the issues they were having and their inability to fill orders in a timely manner. I have since ordered a Tremor. Maybe I'll pull the Bronco off 99 status in a couple years when you can actually get what you want when you want it.
Mine is 99'd too. The problem is Ford is only (so far) price protecting them through '23. No way I'm paying the increased price which they just had another one recently.
Sponsored

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Mine is 99'd too. The problem is Ford is only (so far) price protecting them through '23. No way I'm paying the increased price which they just had another one recently.
I knew the price protection would go away, but for me, if it's only a few grand increase I can handle that. I still think it's a lot of vehicle for the money, and Ford has realized that. I'd rather pay the manufacturer price increase rather than the markups that some of these people are paying!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I knew the price protection would go away, but for me, if it's only a few grand increase I can handle that. I still think it's a lot of vehicle for the money, and Ford has realized that. I'd rather pay the manufacturer price increase rather than the markups that some of these people are paying!
For me it's a matter of principle. Ford changed the rules and went to an allocation system instead of keeping your reservation time stamp. If they just stuck to the original plan all us reservation holders would've had ours this year and maybe some into next because of parts constraints. No way I'm paying a dime more because they (Ford) changed the rules. Besides on some models it's already increase a couple grand so who knows what next years increases will be. :curse:

Edit: Here's the newest increase:eek:

Base: $30,800/$34,700
Big Bend: $35,285/$37,380
Black Diamond: $37,950/$40,045
Outer Banks: $40,855/42,950
Badlands: $44,495/$46,590
Wildtrack: $49,780/$51,225

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hey Mack,

XL, XLT, STX, Sport, Lariat, Tremor, FX4, FX2, SuperCab, SuperCrew, Roush……..

And I hear there’s a Raptor version coming.

That’s twelve Rangers from Ford dealers and I’ve likely missed some.

Just sayin’ ?
Totally agree. But how many engine sizes? How many different sets of wheels?

When did the Ranger come out? Think about the Bronco.. it just came out less than a year ago ?? too many too soon and no one can even get one.

You can get a Ranger (anytime) a bronco on a lot means someone ordered it then said no … and now the lot is marking it up over $25,000 to sell ?

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
For me it's a matter of principle. Ford changed the rules and went to an allocation system instead of keeping your reservation time stamp. If they just stuck to the original plan all us reservation holders would've had ours this year and maybe some into next because of parts constraints. No way I'm paying a dime more because they (Ford) changed the rules. Besides on some models it's already increase a couple grand so who knows what next years increases will be. :curse:

Edit: Here's the newest increase:eek:

Base: $30,800/$34,700
Big Bend: $35,285/$37,380
Black Diamond: $37,950/$40,045
Outer Banks: $40,855/42,950
Badlands: $44,495/$46,590
Wildtrack: $49,780/$51,225
Yes, I do agree with you there. I knew they changed the rules throughout the process but I didn't reserve until 1/2021 so I was way down the list anyway. And wow, that's a pretty healthy price increase already.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I’m really just pointing out that they’re doing the same thing with more than just the Bronco - Ranger and Maverick too. As the Raptor comes online, as well as EVs and possibly PHEVs, the choices will be even more complicated.

Overheard at a Ford Dealership in 2024…..

”I’ll have a half-caff, double-shot, extra foam, venti Ranger Raptor, PHEV latte with two pumps of Hazelnut syrup to go - oh, and an oat bar and no damper“.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Go ahead and flame me, but I am not a fan of the new Bronco at all. Looks like they copied many shapes of several models of the Range Rover.
And probably 95% of buyers will never take them and use them as intended. They will be status symbols and primary use will be to run out and pick up beer and pizza.
Of course, there will always be those who will gladly pay over a hundred grand via an auction just to own one, but will loose 2/3 of that value when production catches up with demand around 2025, which by that time it will be due for a make-over, thus lowering the values even more.
I agree with everything except the copying looks of Range Rover. I think it's a pretty legit throwback to the first generation Bronco, which was Ford copying International Scout.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Go ahead and flame me, but I am not a fan of the new Bronco at all. Looks like they copied many shapes of several models of the Range Rover.
And probably 95% of buyers will never take them and use them as intended. They will be status symbols and primary use will be to run out and pick up beer and pizza.
Of course, there will always be those who will gladly pay over a hundred grand via an auction just to own one, but will loose 2/3 of that value when production catches up with demand around 2025, which by that time it will be due for a make-over, thus lowering the values even more.
yep and with both higher interest rates and gas prices looming - wouldn't be surprised if demand falls off for all of these new/retro/goat type of vehicles.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree. But how many engine sizes? How many different sets of wheels?

When did the Ranger come out? Think about the Bronco.. it just came out less than a year ago ?? too many too soon and no one can even get one.

You can get a Ranger (anytime) a bronco on a lot means someone ordered it then said no … and now the lot is marking it up over $25,000 to sell ?
A Bronco on a lot doesn't mean a cancelled customer order because Ford screwed the customers over and went back to dealer allocation. The dealerships near me all have them on the lot, all marked way up. A salesperson at our mega-dealer told me that they were going to call Ford's bluff about mark-ups costing them allocations. So I dropped a dime on them to Ford because I hate that dealership anyway and the salesperson was breaking our state law by even being on the lot on a Sunday.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A Bronco on a lot doesn't mean a cancelled customer order because Ford screwed the customers over and went back to dealer allocation. The dealerships near me all have them on the lot, all marked way up. A salesperson at our mega-dealer told me that they were going to call Ford's bluff about mark-ups costing them allocations. So I dropped a dime on them to Ford because I hate that dealership anyway and the salesperson was breaking our state law by even being on the lot on a Sunday.
That was another broken promise too. Ford said "no dealers will have inventory until all customer orders are filled".

Here's the original where they said your time stamp will be your place in line.

Bronco Reservation Timestamp.png

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I agree, i go on Fords site and get lost with all the different models to pick from. 3 or 4 max. No need for 6+. Personally, they should get rid of the Bronco Sport and focus on just the Bronco....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey Mack,

XL, XLT, STX, Sport, Lariat, Tremor, FX4, FX2, SuperCab, SuperCrew, Roush……..

And I hear there’s a Raptor version coming.

That’s twelve Rangers from Ford dealers and I’ve likely missed some.

Just sayin’ ?
Now add all the different Splash packages that are coming out this year. :facepalm:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Now add all the different Splash packages that are coming out this year. :facepalm:
Are they going to follow that up with a "Splish" Package ?
That way you could have a Splish, a Splash, or a Splish Splash !!! :crackup:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Ford is making Bronco and Mustang their own sub-brands. This why so many trim levels, and the baby Bronco.

standalone-bronco-showrooms-rendering.jpeg

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
They have so many damn models, i recently found out the base model broncos come w/ the 18" black appearance pklg wheels from the Ranger.
Sponsored