First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Amazing what a 2" or so lift and +1 or so tires will do to the look of the Truck!

How are you liking the ride with the Eipbach's?Considering that or the Fox / Ford.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
BowWow

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Amazing what a 2" or so lift and +1 or so tires will do to the look of the Truck!

How are you liking the ride with the Eipbach's?Considering that or the Fox / Ford.
So I've run Bilstein 5200s in my previous trucks (F150, Ram 2500, Titan). They made a big difference in ride - in all cases a more controlled compression stroke and a much better rebound. I only have a few km on the Eibachs, but initially the feel is very similar to the Bilsteins. A more controlled compression and rebound, giving a little stiffer feel. Not uncomfortably stiff, not at all. As I've said before, the stock suspension was bump, bounce, settle, and with the Eibachs it's more like bump, settle.

The stock shocks give a bit of a mild wallowy feel, like the back end is not as connected to the road as I like. I think the Ford engineers may have been leaning more towards slow-speed rock crawling, maybe thinking that the softer valving would also help make the ride a little more plush on the highway. It just didn't feel quite right to me.

I'm glad I popped for the Eibachs, although my wife and non-car guy friends all think I've lost my mind for replacing the shocks on my brand new truck!

As you can see from the photo, the Eibachs are about 1 1/2" longer than stock, and the springs are longer as well. I like the threaded shock body, which will allow me to make fine adjustments in ride height from side to side. That will let me actually match ride height on each side.

PXL_20201031_175617375~2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BowWow

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Well, now we know why it's called a bash plate. Took the hit dropping into a runoff that cut into the ice/snow/muskeg at work. I was alone and didn't want to have to fetch a dozer to.pull me out, so I approached slowly, and as the tires dropped into the cut I hit the gas to create some momentum to carry me through. BANG! bounced down, hit the plate, bounced up and across, then another hit when the back tires crossed. The hit on the back was on the flag mount I have mounted in the hitch receiver - no damage out back. No damage to the balance or the bumper, no damage to the suspension or steering.

129600362_4130774000266489_4396598427069284949_o.jpg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Just adding a few pix from today...

PXL_20201117_203943722~2.jpg

PXL_20201117_204421341~2.jpg

The magnetic (color, not metallurgy) letters from Eyecatchers went on today as well. Good quality, great instructions. Thanks guys!
PXL_20201117_230217161.jpg
I like your build! The picture with the Rockies in the background, is that near the Crow’s Nest Pass? Great picture!

OP
OP
BowWow

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I like your build! The picture with the Rockies in the background, is that near the Crow’s Nest Pass? Great picture!
Crowsnest Pass would be about 30 or so miles to the right of this photo. Some of the mountains of Waterton National Park are the ones on the left...

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Crowsnest Pass would be about 30 or so miles to the right of this photo. Some of the mountains of Waterton National Park are the ones on the left...
I took a great shot of my Ford Escape the first year it came out with the Crow’s Nest Pass in the background. This would mean a lot more if I could find the picture, which I had mounted on a frame. Your picture, reminded me of it. Beautiful country!

The last time I was in Waterton was 2003 and we got smoked out by the BC forest fires. Ironically jumped further into BC to get away from it and golfed at Christina Lake and the Bear course in Kelowna.

OP
OP
BowWow

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
i have copied at least 5 of your ideas....thank you for the pictures.
Thanks, Tom, glad to help. I don't have an original bone in my body, so everything I've done I've copied from others, too! I'm just glad I can pay it forward, if that's what this is!

Last edited: