Borla, AWE, or Roush Exhaust

aKsis88

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shadow Black Lariat Tremor
On my first Ranger I had the Magnaflow Kit sounded great! 2nd ranger I just put in a magnaflow muffler for 1/3 the cost of the Magnaflow kit and sounds almost identical.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hmm. Maybe I’ll take a video of my Borla exhaust with the roush cai. It sounds really different from your Borla exhaust.

edit: just kidding that’s the roush exhaust, I read wrong. I’ll still post a video little later.

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hmm. Maybe I’ll take a video of my Borla exhaust with the roush cai. It sounds really different from your Borla exhaust.

edit: just kidding that’s the roush exhaust, I read wrong. I’ll still post a video little later.
here’s at start up. Except I think the tech might of installed it wrong, interesting squeal at high rpms when it opens up. I’ll probably start another thread to diagnose that squeal lol.

Attachments

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
The crawler tip is pretty cool if you are off-roading. Some people run that all of the time. If you have any questions, shoot me a DM.
Does running with the crawler tip change the tone at all? Can't seem to find a video with it configured that way.

Thanks

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
Does running with the crawler tip change the tone at all? Can't seem to find a video with it configured that way.

Thanks
I would imagine, because it is changing the projection of the sound, it may sound different, but the tone would be really similar.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I went with the Gibson dual system purely for the look coming out of the back of the truck. It sounds good. You can tell that it is definitely not stock, but it doesn't sound like a civic with a fart can either. The exhaust mixed with a Mishimoto CAI and a FPP tune makes for some impressive acceleration and some cool turbo sounds.

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
I haven't forgotten about my video, i'll try to get it tomorrow.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
No mention of the MBRP? I got the Magnaflow because it wasn't the loudest according to retailers who sold several brands. Mine swapped the pre-silencer for their muffler and ran the rest of the pipe to the rear. There is no muffler visible in the rear wheel well. I don't have an audio clip, here's a photo:
IMG_20210527_150909552~2.jpg

Of the Borlas I've heard they sound the loudest and while it's impressive I just don't want that.

IMG_20210527_150909552~2.jpg

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
It only took me like a week past when I said I would.

Here ya go.

As a reminder, SPD catted downpipe, Vibrant ultra quiet resonator, Borla S-Type Catback.

Husky44

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 2014 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I just installed the Borla system on 2021 and would like to add a resonator. Has anyone installed one prior to the muffler, if so is the mid-pipe a true 2.5"od? I 'm measuring ~2.625"
I added a Vibrant resonator to the Raptor after installing a Corsa system and it really tamed the tone down, looking to do the same to this Ranger.
Thank you