huskerhank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Hello,

I just joined and for my first question of this supportive community - I've seen separate discussion of different exhaust systems but I'm looking for a direct "which do you prefer and why" between the Borla, AWE, and Roush Ranger performance exhausts systems. I'm looking for input on things like horsepower increases and the differences in sound.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So currently I am stock but I do plan to to get the AWE exhaust. Why you ask? Well for the sound it isnt half bad compared to most and the fact they have the "crawler" option. Since I go Offroad I might as well use it to my advantage. Also looking at the dyno graph it looks to help a bit at the top end without sacrificing the low and mid range.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
If you are trying to keep warranty, the ford performance one is borla. I would use the search function and look for those diff brands, lots of videos already made for various exhaust systems.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you are trying to keep warranty, the ford performance one is borla. I would use the search function and look for those diff brands, lots of videos already made for various exhaust systems.
Understanding that people want to keep thier warranty a cat back exhaust will NOT void the factory warranty. Regardless of exhaust manufacturer it will not cause any problems.

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I have a Borla because of their high quality and very nice exhaust tone, the tone is very important to me as most don't have an acoustic tune, the Borla seems very refined to me, if Corsa made an exhaust for the Ranger, I would get it in a heartbeat.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
So currently I am stock but I do plan to to get the AWE exhaust. Why you ask? Well for the sound it isnt half bad compared to most and the fact they have the "crawler" option. Since I go Offroad I might as well use it to my advantage. Also looking at the dyno graph it looks to help a bit at the top end without sacrificing the low and mid range.
The crawler tip is pretty cool if you are off-roading. Some people run that all of the time. If you have any questions, shoot me a DM.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
Hello,

I just joined and for my first question of this supportive community - I've seen separate discussion of different exhaust systems but I'm looking for a direct "which do you prefer and why" between the Borla, AWE, and Roush Ranger performance exhausts systems. I'm looking for input on things like horsepower increases and the differences in sound.
Let me know if you have any questions about AWE. Built right here in Pennsylvania.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks! Since you asked, what kind of a horsepower increase does it give?
If I remember correctly the horsepower goes up by 9 in the top end. Torque also goes up by the same amount in the same area. If you look at the dyno graph it will show what I'm talking about

OP
OP

huskerhank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
If I remember correctly the horsepower goes up by 9 in the top end. Torque also goes up by the same amount in the same area. If you look at the dyno graph it will show what I'm talking about
sounds reasonable, thanks!

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Borla user here. Great fit and finish. Even better sound! I'm not really sure about the HP gains. Throttle response will improve with installation

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
I have the Borla, if I could do it again I think I would do either the AWE or the full magnaflow. It drives me nuts the cost of these catbacks, that don't include the midpipe runner between the "catback" and the downpipe.

Magnaflow includes that.

Borla makes a great unit, but sometimes I think its abit...idk, this is a difficult thing to put into words (how something sounds to language) but the sound is just not ideal for me. After I had the Borla and the SPD Downpipe I added Vibrant resonator to the midpipe which took out a number of the harsher notes.

I could try to get a video if interest exists.

TLDR: Nothing against Borla, wish everyone included the midpipe, Probably would go AWE again just to try to get a better outcome.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have the Borla, if I could do it again I think I would do either the AWE or the full magnaflow. It drives me nuts the cost of these catbacks, that don't include the midpipe runner between the "catback" and the downpipe.

Magnaflow includes that.

Borla makes a great unit, but sometimes I think its abit...idk, this is a difficult thing to put into words (how something sounds to language) but the sound is just not ideal for me. After I had the Borla and the SPD Downpipe I added Vibrant resonator to the midpipe which took out a number of the harsher notes.

I could try to get a video if interest exists.

TLDR: Nothing against Borla, wish everyone included the midpipe, Probably would go AWE again just to try to get a better outcome.
A video is something that most would be interested in id say

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
A video is something that most would be interested in id say
I'll get one tomorrow after work. Its funny, I know i'm not describing this well. But when im out of the truck, on the exhaust exit side, I actually think it sounds pretty good. Its when im in the cab, or driving i'm like "Meh, that is...something" lol
Sponsored