Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same as about everyone else. I used a 2x6 that I had, it was about a foot too long, so I cut it to length took the scrap piece & cut it in half to double up the ends for the slots, then I beveled the front & rear sides of the ends to take the square corner off to fit the slots better since they have rounded edges. I also made some pieces so I can haul flat sheets. Ran out of scrap to make the tailgate extension. :)

DSCN8324.JPG

DSCN8326.JPG

DSCN8327.JPG

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same as about everyone else. I used a 2x6 that I had, it was about a foot too long, so I cut it to length took the scrap piece & cut it in half to double up the ends for the slots, then I beveled the front & rear sides of the ends to take the square corner off to fit the slots better since they have rounded edges. I also made some pieces so I can haul flat sheets. Ran out of scrap to make the tailgate extension. :)

DSCN8324.JPG

DSCN8326.JPG

DSCN8327.JPG
This is exactly what I'm planning for all of my recovery gear! I don't have an overlanding rack to fasten gear to, but I have a rolling, lockable hard cover over my bed. So, I'm wanting to put together a modular system like yours to fasten recovery boards, hi-lift jack, shovel, etc. to and keep other items like my tire inflator and strap/shackle tote from sliding around.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I'm planning for all of my recovery gear! I don't have an overlanding rack to fasten gear to, but I have a rolling, lockable hard cover over my bed. So, I'm wanting to put together a modular system like yours to fasten recovery boards, hi-lift jack, shovel, etc. to and keep other items like my tire inflator and strap/shackle tote from sliding around.
I used 2x4 fence brackets for the 2x4's front to rear but could be used either direction. Makes for easy removal.

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Heres my sheet good hauling setup. Notched out the boards so that they "lock" into each other. The front "header" board has some clasp latches that latch onto the long board to keep things from sliding fore and aft. The length is a full 8 feet to fully support sheet goods. And 2x8s are perfect height for clearing the wheel humps so the sheet cant lay flat. Could probably easily build something short within the whole bed for a cooler or "compartments" for other things. I built it this way so it is extremely rigid when installed, but since there is no screws holding things together, I can easily disassemble it into the individual boards and store it in minimal space.

20200915_103825.jpg

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Heres my sheet good hauling setup. Notched out the boards so that they "lock" into each other. The front "header" board has some clasp latches that latch onto the long board to keep things from sliding fore and aft. The length is a full 8 feet to fully support sheet goods. And 2x8s are perfect height for clearing the wheel humps so the sheet cant lay flat. Could probably easily build something short within the whole bed for a cooler or "compartments" for other things. I built it this way so it is extremely rigid when installed, but since there is no screws holding things together, I can easily disassemble it into the individual boards and store it in minimal space.

20200915_103825.jpg
That was my original plan but the scrap I had on hand would not let me go that direction. Also I decided for the amount of use the sheet goods rack would be used did not justify the coast of new material.

Berk84

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a two case high stack for sure.??
For sure, but I may need to install some dividers to keep them from sliding side to side... Or you know, just get enough to fill the whole row...

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

20200915_103825.jpg
Very Nice!!
I am planning one very similar (not built yet) with the 2x8s notched - all inside the bed. It will include a feature I saw elsewhere that includes a 21" x 43" plastic ice fishing sled (moveable and able to strap in diff locations) on the left hand side and custom sized compartments for my tool chest/tool bucket/and various tool bags that will be the configuration 95% of the time.
When hauling sheets goods I'll just have to remove stuff over 8" tall.
I already installed an Erickson Tailgate Sawhorse that I can modify for addl support past the 5' bed length.
Gee - - this is getting alittle wordy - I'll stop now. :) I like your set-up