First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I've watched those videos many times. Ronny is very biased on Toyotas, which do UCA/coil binding at full droop, unlike our Rangers.
See my post on droop limited, same section as this thread. Yes, CV angle is an issue, that's what the diff drop solves, but actually on the ranger, it's not a diff drop per se, rather a diff angle-ing, as there is not enough space to do a proper drop. Yes, the CV will drop. Other than CVs I would worry on the UCAs, yet, if you will replace those those next to doing the diff "drop" you will be probably in a better situation than a 2" lift without other mods.
Thank YOu , Ill read it now.
I posted a few pics of my suspension on that thread. Mine looks different as far as I can tell.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I believe you can only get 2" of lift out of this kit if you are using your stock Ranger Springs.
What other springs can you use? Serious question. The 5100's have 4.67" of stroke which I think is pretty sweet. Looking at upgrading my coils such as eibach coils at the lowest setting on the Bilstein shock. Not sure if this has been done or is possible.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
What other springs can you use? Serious question. The 5100's have 4.67" of stroke which I think is pretty sweet. Looking at upgrading my coils such as eibach coils at the lowest setting on the Bilstein shock. Not sure if this has been done or is possible.
Installing mine in the morning. We're putting a 1 inch aluminum spacer at the top, then the 5100s have to.drive it home and measure my clearance for the garage door and then add the other plate at the bottom if we have room, still leaving room for bigger tires next month. Currently I have 4 inches of clearance to the antenna.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

I was just on the Bilstein website to see if they offer springs for a longer travel than the OEM springs but it doesn't appear that they do.
My suggestion is to get aftermarket springs that will handle the extra lift (more than 2")

Eibach makes a set as well as a few others.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I got a set of Bilstein 5100 for all four corners and man do I love the way the truck handles now. I wanted to get the truck leveled and was talked out if the leveling kit. I got the kit from Stage 3 and had my local suspension shop install it. World of difference on the highway, highway curves, and light gravel/trail. I set the level at the max height. Its definitely not the rocking and rolling the stock suspension. It feels like im actually in control now.
Get yourself a set !!
My son is driving me nuts about doing this. Did it raise the Ranger up at all? What was the cost?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm happy with the 1.8" setting. It appears to raise it 2" but I'm sure it will settle some after some driving.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I was just on the Bilstein website to see if they offer springs for a longer travel than the OEM springs but it doesn't appear that they do.
My suggestion is to get aftermarket springs that will handle the extra lift (more than 2")

Eibach makes a set as well as a few others.
Yep. I just ordered the eibach coils from stage 3 after Jason from stage 3 confirmed they will fit.

They provide 3" of lift when put at the lowest setting so no fiddling with preload and they have a higher spring rate.

I'm putting this strut combo on with the bajakits long travel so I'll be 3" higher and 3" wider up front.

Thanks for y'alls input.
Superdannyboy

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Just finished doing the fronts today.. Did the rear several weeks ago. Anyone debating this upgrade don't incredible return on the money spent.. The rears made a huge difference the fronts also made larger improvement than I anticipated.. I went with a 1.2 lift as I tow a bit

PXL_20210507_222413097.jpg

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just finished doing the fronts today.. Did the rear several weeks ago. Anyone debating this upgrade don't incredible return on the money spent.. The rears made a huge difference the fronts also made larger improvement than I anticipated.. I went with a 1.2 lift as I tow a bit

PXL_20210507_222413097.jpg
You set the front Bilsteins at 1.5 inches...

Did that even out the ranger or was there still a bit of rake?

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
You set the front Bilsteins at 1.5 inches...

Did that even out the ranger or was there still a bit of rake?
There is still a tad bit of rake if it was not raining right now I would take pics

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
There is still a tad bit of rake if it was not raining right now I would take pics
That's great news for me. I was thinking 2 inches but did not want to over do the lift in the front.
I load the bed with hauling stuff, but towing is not a planned event. I did not want to over level in case I ever towed.
I appreciate the help and info.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
That's great news for me. I was thinking 2 inches but did not want to over do the lift in the front.
I load the bed with hauling stuff, but towing is not a planned event. I did not want to over level in case I ever towed.
I appreciate the help and info.
For everyone's information here are the selectable heights from the instructions. I went with #3

PXL_20210509_142051798.MP.jpg

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
For everyone's information here are the selectable heights from the instructions. I went with #3

PXL_20210509_142051798.MP.jpg
Thanks for the info. I roughly tape measured the wheel well to the ground. It seemed to be about 2 inches to level. It's nice to not bump my head when I crawl under for an oil change.
Sometimes an inch or two really does matter....

hoganpc15

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew
CompDude.......I am planning to do this same kit and was also interested in doing the 1.2" setting as I constantly drive with a bed full of junk! Would you be willing to measure the front and back of your truck after the 1.2" lift to see just how much rake is left?

Reactions: R_B

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
CompDude.......I am planning to do this same kit and was also interested in doing the 1.2" setting as I constantly drive with a bed full of junk! Would you be willing to measure the front and back of your truck after the 1.2" lift to see just how much rake is left?
There is an inch and a 1/4 of rake left
Sponsored