Bilstein 5100's installed. Love it

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Okay I've taken a few rides with the new bilsteins and find the ride a little more stable, especially when cornering. For the record, I didn't have a huge problem with the ride initially, but I just wanted to feel more stability as at times I felt body lean and not crisp cornering. The steering seems more agile which is what I was looking for. For now I will stand pat and enjoy the ride, as I'm not planning on doing the fronts at this point.
For the record I never wanted an off road package but the dealer gave me the shuffle with this vehicle but gave me a little discount because they sold the one I had a deposit on. I also replaced the tires with Cooper highway tires and replaced the black rims with the standard Lariat rims I picked up on craigslist .
Sponsored

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Okay I've taken a few rides with the new bilsteins and find the ride a little more stable, especially when cornering. For the record, I didn't have a huge problem with the ride initially, but I just wanted to feel more stability as at times I felt body lean and not crisp cornering. The steering seems more agile which is what I was looking for. For now I will stand pat and enjoy the ride, as I'm not planning on doing the fronts at this point.
For the record I never wanted an off road package but the dealer gave me the shuffle with this vehicle but gave me a little discount because they sold the one I had a deposit on. I also replaced the tires with Cooper highway tires and replaced the black rims with the standard Lariat rims I picked up on craigslist .
For your use the rears should be enough. The fronts completely get rid of all pogo motions but just the rears knock out 80-90%. Plus the Investment to buy and get the fronts installed and alignment is more than what you get out of them snice your not taking it off-road

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
For your use the rears should be enough. The fronts completely get rid of all pogo motions but just the rears knock out 80-90%. Plus the Investment to buy and get the fronts installed and alignment is more than what you get out of them snice your not taking it off-road
Ok...you saying that makes me want to replace my rear factory shocks with the Bilsteins, even though I really don't need to.
Or do I?
Hmmmm...

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Ok...you saying that makes me want to replace my rear factory shocks with the Bilsteins, even though I really don't need to.
Or do I?
Hmmmm...
Best upgrade you’ll do. check out 3Stage, awesome price for all four.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Or do I?
Hmmmm...
You do. Trust me it's so much better and for how cheap they are you wonder why they did not come this way from factory

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Or do I?
Hmmmm...
I did the front last year(after eibachs took a crap@5000 miles) and finally got around to the rear when stage3 did the sale last week. they were in my hands 36 hours after ordering thank you @Stage3Motorsports . I wish I would have done them sooner there is no more rocking over bumps at slow speed and no more wallow on the highway

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I did the front last year(after eibachs took a crap@5000 miles) and finally got around to the rear when stage3 did the sale last week. they were in my hands 36 hours after ordering thank you @Stage3Motorsports . I wish I would have done them sooner there is no more rocking over bumps at slow speed and no more wallow on the highway
Perhaps the next time they go on sale I'll be prepared to get a set of the rears.
We're getting the exterior of our house and all the surrounding walls painted 8 days from now and all our saved up cash is going towards that.
Can't justify the expense (yeah, I know it's not all that much but still...) just now.
But I WILL save up!

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Or do I?
Hmmmm...
Take my word for it also, you do and its an easy install, I'm 67.5 and I had an easy time of it!!!!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Take my word for it also, you do and its an easy install, I'm 67.5 and I had an easy time of it!!!!
I'm not quite that experienced *cough old* ya it took longer to find the right sized wrench-15mm- then to actually do the job
Sponsored