Opinions on best tri fold hard tonneau cover

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m leaning toward the Bakflip MX4. I like the look and the functionality. I’m a desk jockey with limited tool time experience. I was gonna order the cover with my pavement princess 4X2, but the salesman told me it would delay delivery, (really? cuz, I placed my order 11/13 and delivery is still over 3 weeks out). Now, I’m faced with tackling the cover installation myself or finding a shop that will do it. I don’t wanna to screw up my ride.

Any thoughts about the Bakflip and/or installation?
Ric,

The installation is not hard. Go to BakFlip's page and watch the install video for the MX4. Anyone can install the cover with simple tools.

Steve
Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Ric,

The installation is not hard. Go to BakFlip's page and watch the install video for the MX4. Anyone can install the cover with simple tools.

Steve
Yea, just note the video doesn't include the installation of the bulkhead for the Ranger. That's the piece that goes against the back seat of the truck. Don't forget to do that before the side rails. The best tip for installation is to use channel lock pliers like they did in the video. That helped a ton. It probably took me 90 minutes because I had to redo a few things but if you do it right the first time it probably takes 30 minutes and anyone with basic skills can do it alone. If you haven's installed one of these before though give yourself some time.

Reactions: Ric

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I’m looking for one that doesn’t leak since I’m in SW FL and it rains a lot in the summer. Any suggestions?

Bampest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 XLT Crewcab
Occupation
Owner,Operator BAM Pest Control Services Inc.
Vehicle Showcase
I just found a cover like the Bak MX the MX sit's in the bed which doesn't work for me my equipment goes to the top of the bed I also live in SW FL try to keep it dry as possible the Leer HF 350 M open up to the front completely and sit's on top of the bed giving me just enough gap only problem it is only for the 5ft bed and I have a 6ft hope they hurry up and make it
Sponsored