looking for Best Tonneau Cover in Rain and Snow?

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
I have the Roll N Lock A (aluminum) series retractable cover. Only water to get in is around the tailgate. Love it!
Sponsored

401ranger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariet Crewcab
I've had the Leer Ultragroove for two years and it has be great. It is retractable and you can even have it lock every foot from fully closed. The cover itself is a rubber coated aluminum that you can place light things on without worrying. I've only had very minor leaks after driving in torrential rains. A perk of the cover is that it also has tracks so you can mount a box or racks. In the winter I have a yakima box mounted and have no changes to fuel economy

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
As you can see lots of options. All depend how you plan on using you truck. Do you need access to your full bed for tall items? Do you want to be able to see out your rear window with it full open? Are you worried about level of security? Do you want full access to the bed without removing the cover? All makes a difference in you choice. Hard retractable, hard folding, soft roll-up or one piece fiberglass. Most will be fairly waterproof, the tailgate is your biggest worry there.

I personally went with the Truxedo Truxport on my current and last Ranger. They have been durable, easy to use and I wanted full access to my bed. As far a water and snow no issues other than the afore mentioned tailgate. Full disclosure my truck is garage kept. But, even going through a car wash it's minimal. My BedRug will get damp at the tailgate from the under body flush. An occasional UV treatment and it still looks/works great after 4 years.

Your truck, your choice. I would say there is no one best tonneau.

xplorre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
I’ve used Retrax covers on my past trucks and now in my Ranger. Currently have the Retrax Pro XR. Great cover!! Locks and keeps the elements out.

IMG_3474.jpeg
Yours really keeps your bed dry? Sounds nice.

I had mine installed a while back. I recently removed it, cleaned up all the mating surfaces, installed new foam tape and shims where the clamps mount and it still leaks at the rear corners nearest the tailgate. The drain fittings are also terrible, won't stay attached to the housing, need to figure those out.

Mtnbikes

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I will get a few drops at the tailgate at times. However, I did place a tailgate seal that helps keep both dirt and water out.
Sponsored