First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self Employed Property Manager
I am thinking about replacing my original headlamp and fog lamp bulbs with something better and brighter. What Would you all recommended?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you are doing just a bulb replacement do yourself and everyone else a fafor and stay away from the drop in LED's as they will cause extreme glare to other drivers and you won't get the light output you are looking for. Also the drop in LED's most of the time will reflect right back at you with snow, rain and fog.

For a good replacement bulb there are many on the market. In my opinion the PIAA xtreme white plus would be a great option along with the ion yellows for the Fog lights.

Are there other brands out there? Yes and it's up to you on what you decide to buy

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I've found the GE Nighthawk series of bulbs(not LED) to be decent.
They're not necessarily that much brighter but found they do provide a little wider beam and more focused pattern output.

The Philipis "X-tremeVision" line up would probably be more what you'd want.

Note: Don't own a ranger, but I've had them in various trucks and were always satisfied.

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
All bulb replacement are 'Drop in' as you are not changing the housings. I replaced my stock bulbs with Auxito H11 and 9005 headlight and H-8 fog light bulbs. They have a very sharp cutoff both top and bottom, are 6500K, and have the same pattern as the stock bulbs as long as you clock them correctly. They are 30% brighter than OEM and do not blind anyone as long as you set pattern height to 42" or less at 20' as per regulations. I have never been flashed, and I live where they will flash you if you blind them.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I as well used the Auxito for the low beam, and clock it as well. Not yet had anyone flash at me. Lasfit for my high beam. and lasfit switchback for the fog lights.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
There will be a lot of debate when it comes to led bulbs in halogen housings. Personally I have auxito led that are the 1:1 and have never been flashed. I tried other LED bulbs in my f150 and would get flashed so I went with Phillips Xtreme and was happy. In the ranger though I like the auxito and they dont seem to bother drivers

OP
OP
dmjr77

dmjr77

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
What's the opinion of the Auxbeam LED's? A friend of mine told me about them. Any Feedback?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What's the opinion of the Auxbeam LED's? A friend of mine told me about them. Any Feedback?
As mentioned before, if you want an led light you need to change the housing to a projector. The reason being that led drop in lights are not designed for reflector housings(unless built into the housing) and due to color temperature you will have issue in rain, snow and fog.

OP
OP
dmjr77

dmjr77

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
As mentioned before, if you want an led light you need to change the housing to a projector. The reason being that led drop in lights are not designed for reflector housings(unless built into the housing) and due to color temperature you will have issue in rain, snow and fog.
Whats your opinion of the Sylvania Sliver Stars?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whats your opinion of the Sylvania Sliver Stars?
It's been a while since I have ran a set but I cam say in general they are good. Downside with Sylvania lights that are brighter then stock is the life being reduced by a fair bit. That is What I know

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Auxito 9005 in my low beams. They are excellent
D85E449B-B658-40D1-B006-308EDFC991D1.jpeg
Not a good ad for the Auxitos. Bad cutoff with flair going up. But then again you are way to close to see your beam pattern anyway, othet than your driver side is higher than your passenger. And your low beams are H11s not 9005 bulbs

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Not a good ad for the Auxitos. Bad cutoff with flair going up. But then again you are way to close to see your beam pattern anyway, othet than your driver side is higher than your passenger. And your low beams are H11s not 9005 bulbs
my mistake. I get the 2
Mixed up sometimes.
not 100% even ground so maybe that’s why driver side seems slightly higher.
hell of an upgrade though. Very happy with them and haven’t been flashed once.
Thank you for roasting my comment though!

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Do a search. Lot’s of information on this topic.
I’ll also suggest the Auxito LED bulbs….just make sure you do not get the 16k bulbs for the low beams. The 16k are too bright and severely overdrive the reflectors resulting in a lot of scatter. I do have the 16k as high beams and happy with them there.
I have the Auxito 12k and they are great. I’ve had these for almost 2 years now and have not been flashed and very pleased with the pattern and light output. Much better than the OEM halogens (or any halogen currently available as H11 halogens just do not have the candlepower).
I tried JDM LED’s as well and the pattern was terrible.
The Auxito bulbs are being used by many forum members. Just remember that proper headlight adjustment is important…..especially after a level.

991BFB3E-56CF-4712-B450-B08F9C81AA83.png

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
OK, I will bite, what does color 'temperature' (ie color spectrum) have to do with rain,snow or fog??
Sponsored