Best looking mid-size truck currently on the market (Vote your 2 favorite)

Best looking mid-size truck prior to upgrades

• Total voters

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Okay time for some fun - What is your favorite looking truck - this has nothing to do with how they ride, how well they are put together, etc. This is all about the eye candy. Vote for your favorite 2 trucks - and let me know if I'm missing anything.

Happy Monday
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Okay time for some fun - What is your favorite looking truck - this has nothing to do with how they ride, how well they are put together, etc. This is all about the eye candy. Vote for your favorite 2 trucks - and let me know if I'm missing anything.

Happy Monday
It's definitely the Ranger! I had a 2016 Tacoma prior and thought the front end was butt ugly!! Didn't really care for the plastic fender flares either. When I was shopping trucks last summer the only other one I considered was the Colorado ZR2. I really liked the looks of it but wasn't impressed at all with the interior (outdated) and the short test drive was just ok,nothing impressive.

I see someone picked the Ridgeline I wonder who that was....@SubVet lol :giggle:

This really is the ugliest front end out there!

Taco Grille.jpg

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
While it definitely wouldn't get my vote, shouldn't the Gladiator be on the list?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
While it definitely wouldn't get my vote, shouldn't the Gladiator be on the list?
The Gladiator looks stupid IMO unless you go for the top model. We’d need two choices

Deleted member 1634

It's definitely the Ranger! I had a 2016 Tacoma prior and thought the front end was butt ugly!! Didn't really care for the plastic fender flares either. When I was shopping trucks last summer the only other one I considered was the Colorado ZR2. I really liked the looks of it but wasn't impressed at all with the interior (outdated) and the short test drive was just ok,nothing impressive.

I see someone picked the Ridgeline I wonder who that was....@subVet lol :giggle:

This really is the ugliest front end out there!

Taco Grille.jpg
Obviously it's all personal preference. That's why this thread is going to go crazy with... "discussions". haha But I personally like the current gen Taco look. Not all chromed out with the fancy grille like the one you posted (I hate chrome and fancy grilles on any vehicle, why I've never been a fan of almost any GMC product). But a more subtle dark honeycomb grille with any of the non-metallic colors (khaki, dark green, cement) looks good to me. I think I really like the stance and proportions of a Taco most of all. The GM twins are too bulky. The Glad is too much like a Wrangler, which I don't like. The Ridgeline is nice, but nothing special about it. And the Ranger is somewhere in between the Taco and Colorado in stance and proportions.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Maybe a poll where it is 'base model vs base model' and 'top end vs top end' I'd vote for the base model Ranger over everything, but I think I'd pick the top end Gladiator over the top end Ranger. Unless I could claim one of the after-market Ranger Raptor models as the Ranger top end.

Deleted member 1634

I do like the look of the Taco with the hood scoop (sport and higher) but the Ranger beats the base model
Yeah, a base Taco not so much. But a TRD Pro in that new dark green with the matte black scoop is hard to beat in my opinion.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I can't vote for Ranger twice, so I go with Ranger then Taco. Then Gladiator if I had a 3rd choice. I considered the Nissan Frontier when I was shopping, but they just look uninspired and boring to me as far as outward appearance. There is nothing about them when I see them that makes me think, "That is a nice looking truck."

Last edited:

ClamCakes

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Biased, but I think the ranger is a great looking vehicle. Especially with a raptor grille. However, I do think this generation Tacoma is pretty badass looking!

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I recently made the decision to upgrade and sell my truck to a friend. I was looking at my '97 F-150 yesterday and thinking about how much I love that generation of Ford trucks. Then it dawned on me why I've been enamored with this new Ranger. It looks just like the 97-03! Especially the grille and sloping hood. Just love the look.

20180122_165008744_iOS.jpg

Inked20180122_165021847_iOS_LI.jpg
Sponsored