Car and Driver: Every New Mid-Size Pickup Truck Ranked from Worst to Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
wouldn’t a Colorado diesel be more appropriate than a Ranger for towing and hauling?
No, and the 1st 100,000 miles of free fuel doesn't hurt either, when added to the Ranger, which is a far better product and gets more miles per dollar on fuel.
Sponsored

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
I want a truck because I do truck things like haul stuff, tow stuff and go places a car can't. While a ridgeline would do some of that it fails miserably at payload and towing weight...
We should quickly notify Nissan, Toyota and GM to stop making those 4-cylinder versions of their trucks that can only tow 3500lbs. You can get a Subaru for that massive amoumt. They should probably stop offering the TRD Pro and Colorado ZR2 also since their payload if less than the average minivan and certainly falls miserably short of the Ridgeline. The ZR2 would be payload maxed with four fat rednecks and their beer cooler so it definitely isn't a truck.

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I want a truck because I do truck things like haul stuff, tow stuff and go places a car can't. While a ridgeline would do some of that it fails miserably at payload and towing weight.

"Masculine thing" plays no part in it. It is a tool for a job.
To each his own. There’s more interior room in the Ridgeline and the “trunk” is great. If you need to haul stuff, tow stuff why not get an F250 with a diesel?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each his own. There’s more interior room in the Ridgeline and the “trunk” is great. If you need to haul stuff, tow stuff why not get an F250 with a diesel?
It is still a poser, all you need is a Pilot and a cutting torch!:crackup:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Leave it to CAR and Driver to pick a car as the best truck.
Well said. When I start seeing the Ridgeline on constructions sites then I'll consider it a truck. I concur that it is built for those that just need a weekend warrior for a run to Lowes, But, it still ain't a real truck

Last edited:

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion, 2015 CMax, 1937 Ford PU, 1968 Mustang
Sorry real trucks do not have unitized bodies! So yes Ranger is #1.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Real trucks have shifters on the column, a bench seat so my lady can ride close, worm gear steering box and manual locking from hubs too. I don't see any rage for those missing items.

Things change. Things improve. Get used to things like the Ridgeline because it's possible all of these midsize models will be uni-body design ten or so years down the road. Nobody will be talking about the spare in the bed either because they will be gone too. I've got four vehicles parked in the driveway. Only one came with a spare tire. I expect the Ranger will probably be the last vehicle I ever buy that still includes one.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe you are compensating for a shortness elsewhere
Yea ... my Transit Connect only has a 105" wheelbase.:blush:
Now try to keep it civil...Okay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.