First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew Cab 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I would like to install bed lights in the four 2 inch wide oval holes in the bed if I can find some bed lights that fit in the space. I would remove the plastic plugs and place the lights in the space if anyone has a suggestion of such sized LED lights. See picture below for the plugs/holes in question.

1611728994531.png
Sponsored

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I bought a couple of these just for that purpose. Although I have not installed them yet, they seem to be a perfect fit, plenty of light, and bulletproof!
20210127_062010.jpg

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I bought a couple of these just for that purpose. Although I have not installed them yet, they seem to be a perfect fit, plenty of light, and bulletproof!
20210127_062010.jpg
I'd love to see how these fit when you get a chance. I'm about to start the same project for my truck.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Unfortunately for me these lights are not on my "honey do" list at the moment. I did a test fit, and they seemed to be perfect for covering the oval holes. I bought some stainless sheet metal screws to mount them. I will post some pictures if the day ever comes around to get it done. ?

OP
OP
IndySouth

IndySouth

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew Cab 4WD
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately for me these lights are not on my "honey do" list at the moment. I did a test fit, and they seemed to be perfect for covering the oval holes. I bought some stainless sheet metal screws to mount them. I will post some pictures if the day ever comes around to get it done. ?
Excellent suggestion! The perfect scenario would something that fits in the oval hole perfectly with rubber gasket. Similar to what we see offered as tail lights and directional lights only smaller. Something like this only smaller of course to fit the existing holes in the bed. I would like to avoid drilling into the new bed if possible. Call me paranoid!

1611761286362.png

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Excellent suggestion! The perfect scenario would something that fits in the oval hole perfectly with rubber gasket. Similar to what we see offered as tail lights and directional lights only smaller. Something like this only smaller of course to fit the existing holes in the bed. I would like to avoid drilling into the new bed if possible. Call me paranoid!

1611761286362.png
The lights that I bought do come with a thick rubber gasket that fits behind it. They are submersible for boats. But I know, you are talking about the outer gasket for marker and signal lights that hold them in place. It would be a miracle to find that in a white light, and fit the oval hole perfectly without cutting metal though....

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I bought the Fod Accessories Bed Light kit and it is nice. Pricy? Yes but worth it. Here are pictures from the other night to compare it to the third brake light.

0126212145.jpg

0126212146.jpg

OP
OP
IndySouth

IndySouth

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew Cab 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I would like to install bed lights in the four 2 inch wide oval holes in the bed if I can find some bed lights that fit in the space. I would remove the plastic plugs and place the lights in the space if anyone has a suggestion of such sized LED lights. See picture below for the plugs/holes in question.

1611728994531.png
The oval holes are 1 1/2" X 7/8"
Oval Holes in Truck bed.jpg
Sponsored