First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Yeah that would be pretty disconcerting for me lol would definitely invest in a fire suit and a very large extinguisher
I started with thin Nomex that would have done nothing but fuse to my entire body in 5 seconds. When I quit, my Sparco suit was rated for like a minute (actually can’t remember the specific SFI rating, but way better than single layer nomex) in a gasoline fire.

But we also had HANS devices, halon extinguishers with nozzles pointing at you vitals, you name it. Safety came a long way in those few decades I was throwing all that money away in the quest for that little flag on a stick and $2 plastic thophy…. :)
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I started with thin Nomex that would have done nothing but fuse to my entire body in 5 seconds. When I quit, my Sparco suit was rated for like a minute (actually can’t remember the specific SFI rating, but way better than single layer nomex) in a gasoline fire.

But we also had HANS devices, halon extinguishers with nozzles pointing at you vitals, you name it. Safety came a long way in those few decades I was throwing all that money away in the quest for that little flag on a stick and $2 plastic thophy…. :)
lol we all know that it ain't about that trophy lol its about having a ton of fun and the immense satisfaction of a hard earned victory even if the prize came from the dollar tree down the road

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
All the Formula Fords I owned down through the years had a fuel cell right behind my back (sometimes the expanding boat foam sat right on the AL bulkhead containing the fuel cell). It was a fuel cell so.. but took quite a few seasons before you quit thinking about that fact…. ;)
Talk about instant seat warmers if it ever exploded. :eek:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

But is was great fun I bet. The good memories are priceless.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
lol we all know that it ain't about that trophy lol its about having a ton of fun and the immense satisfaction of a hard earned victory even if the prize came from the dollar tree down the road
When I get better, remind me and I will send you a bunch of in cockpit POV videos of some of my races. Great fun, if totally stupid economically speaking. ;)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
When I get better, remind me and I will send you a bunch of in cockpit POV videos of some of my races. Great fun, if totally stupid economically speaking. ;)
Please do that sounds like a blast and hey what is money if not a tool to buy happiness and do cool shit with lol

OP
OP

Skinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Out of curiousity before you noticed teh issues how far and often were you driving?
I bought the truck used and noticed shortly after purchase that the start/stop wasn't working. It worked when I bought the truck so I assumed it was just from my short commute. I charged the battery and it seemed to help. It also passed the load test, but barely. This happened a few more times, but charging or a long drive would help. Then even long drives weren't enough. The last charge took a long time and the battery failed the load test, which is when I got it replaced. I've only had the truck for about 5 weeks, so the battery condition declined quickly.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the truck used and noticed shortly after purchase that the start/stop wasn't working. It worked when I bought the truck so I assumed it was just from my short commute. I charged the battery and it seemed to help. It also passed the load test, but barely. This happened a few more times, but charging or a long drive would help. Then even long drives weren't enough. The last charge took a long time and the battery failed the load test, which is when I got it replaced. I've only had the truck for about 5 weeks, so the battery condition declined quickly.
so likely the damage was done before you even bought it, good thing you caught it in time batteries aint cheap

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Some get lucky and the last for years. If you drive a lot and put on a decent amount of miles they see to last longer. Autozone has free battery checks so it's a good idea to have them checked regularly so there's no unexpected surprises.
Welp I didn't get it tested and what do you know my Battery died today! Just 20 days after the the above post :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've had mine 3.5 years now and 60k miles. I guess i should expect mine to fail soon.
Welp I didn't get it tested and what do you know my Battery died today! Just 20 days after the the above post :LOL:
See you cursed yourself with that other post. lol This darn forum will make you spend money one way or another. :curse: ?

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Tested the battery yourself?!?! Load Test the battery (with a properly rated tester) after fully charging and topping off the battery with a 'smart charger'. No 'soup cannons for you!!!"

the-parts-cannon-because-sometimes-you-just-dont-have-a-472442.png

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
My bumper to bumper expires on August 19. My battery has been acting up over the last couple weeks. Auto start/stop not functioning, even after a long drive. I'd put the battery on the charger and it would start at 25% , then take quite a while to charge fully. A load test with my tester failed, so I took it to the dealer. They agreed with my findings and I now have a shiny new battery! Just in time.

Cheers!
K
how many miles/kms do you have on the truck?
Sponsored