Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well installed the rails without the shims and even thou the rails are a good fit I have noticed the gap is to wide and you can push cover to one side and the latch on the other side does not engage so time to pull the rails back off and reapply shims :curse:

Richard
I did the same thing!
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I have two holes in the bed at the top of each side in the front facing the cab. About 1”x 3/4”. Anybody come up with a creative solution to seal them?

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have two holes in the bed at the top of each side in the front facing the cab. About 1”x 3/4”. Anybody come up with a creative solution to seal them?
I believe my kit came with two rectangular foam blocks with a sticky side. I assumed thaye were for that purpose and used them there.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I believe my kit came with two rectangular foam blocks with a sticky side. I assumed thaye were for that purpose and used them there.
I have those. Not sure it will stick to spray in liner. Hard to get to. Maybe some Gorilla tape.

Last edited:

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have those. Not sure it will stick to spray in liner. Hard to get to. Maybe some Gorilla tape.
They stuck to my spray in liner.

OP
OP

DANGERRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yup stuck with no problem. 112 heat in AZ might change that but for now it's good. For the shims I figured it was better to have a solid latch on the rails and keep the cover centered then have a weak clamp to the bed with a better cover latch. Even with the shims you can still shiftthe cover amd prevent latch on one side from working.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Do the foam blocks just kind of fit over the hole?

69ABBED8-8853-42B9-BF6D-7F6C20DDCC7E.jpeg

Rmblaster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yup stuck with no problem. 112 heat in AZ might change that but for now it's good. For the shims I figured it was better to have a solid latch on the rails and keep the cover centered then have a weak clamp to the bed with a better cover latch. Even with the shims you can still shiftthe cover amd prevent latch on one side from working.
The company sent me extra shims and I doubled them up and now the gap is good cant shift to side all is good

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Just installed my MX4 yesterday along with a full cover BedRug. The MX4 looks very nice but I did have a few snafus installing. The directions can be confusing though not difficult. The confusion stemmed from what seemed to be like a hodge-podge of generalities between platforms on instructions. Not to mention the different versions of instructions floating around for the Ranger.

Thanks to this board and a few install vids I got it sorted. I feel the company does have some quality control issues with their packaging. Mine had a build date of 5/30/19. I was missing the entire bulk head assembly package, so had to call and have them send me that. They did overnight it to me and I had the next day. However....when I got it and went to install as the first step (again) it was missing the two washers that sandwich the well-nut, 4 in total. Luckily I had some on hand that fit but still.

It seems to seal decent visually but I plan on taking a hose to it today to test. We will see how that goes.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do the foam blocks just kind of fit over the hole?

69ABBED8-8853-42B9-BF6D-7F6C20DDCC7E.jpeg
That's where I put mine.
They weren't quite big enough but I don't have leaks so all is good!

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I did the water test. Used my plant watering shower head and held it about two feet over the 4 corners for a minute or so each then slowly ran it down the rails taking pauses while I went. It's not 100% water proof but it does seal pretty decent and I wouldn't worry about my cargo getting wet during a heavy rain. As expected, there was some water coming into the front bulk head corners.

Most of that "rain" was diverted between the bed and cab tho. The back tailgate area wasn't bad at all and ran straight down the gaps barely getting the BedRug wet. The worst spots in comparison were the two front corners but even that wasn't bad. I added a few extra pieces of weather stripping at those corners between the covers rubber flaps, bulkhead and rails. The sides didn't leak at all.

Living in the surrounding mountain foothills of Seattle...I'll get some real world results in a couple months. So far, I'm pretty happy with the MX4.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That's where I put mine.
They weren't quite big enough but I don't have leaks so all is good!
Thanks. I put mine there. Actually fit fairly well. Good enough for me.

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
IMG_1010.jpeg
Has anyone installed this cover with a linex bedliner? Just got my cover the other day after having my bed sprayed. I see comments here about the bulkhead accessory rail included with the cover and that it should attach with pre-existing holes but I dont have holes on the bulkhead bar. I dont recall seeing them before I got the bed sprayed and they definitely aren't there now. Wondering if anyone else has a bed without the holes or a bed thats been sprayed that had them filled in somehow?

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
IMG_1010.jpeg
Has anyone installed this cover with a linex bedliner? Just got my cover the other day after having my bed sprayed. I see comments here about the bulkhead accessory rail included with the cover and that it should attach with pre-existing holes but I dont have holes on the bulkhead bar. I dont recall seeing them before I got the bed sprayed and they definitely aren't there now. Wondering if anyone else has a bed without the holes or a bed thats been sprayed that had them filled in somehow?
The holes will be 4 inches in from the bedcap on each side. See diagram 3 in this link.. https://truxedo.com/images/Install Guides/1118322_InstrRangerBulkheadAdapterInstallationREVC.pdf

Ignore the comment about drilling (this only applies if you have a drop in liner). You should be able to clean the holes with a sharp knife or a file